Denali on order - Being produced! Ordered 5/15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

ruise

Reaction score
Oh no! :(

the whole reason I wanted the Denali premium was for the advanced technology package and HUD. :(

My order has only been in preliminary so I’m not sure if GM will allow my order to go through with the premium package.

it’s so weird because they’re building stock vehicles with premium packages and I’ve seen ultimate package being built, just w/o advanced trailering package.

I saw power console was on constraint as well, but I see those being built and shipped too.
Damn! I sure hope this goes through. Been waiting 6 weeks as it is for GM to accept it. =\

The HUD is standard on the Denali. I am excited about that feature as well. Adaptive Cruise, Security Package, and Rearview Camera Mirror are not currently available. They system will not accept the order if these items are on your order. Look it over and see if you can live without some of the Premium Package items and if so, have your dealer modify your order. Make sure they indicate that your Denali is a "sold order."

Good Luck!

Yukon21Denali

Reaction score
According to my dealer, they would not allow the order to be entered into the computer with the Premium Package in May. The Advanced Technology Package is on constraint. I would be willing to wait if the system would allow input of the order with the Premium Package.

Good luck with your order!

Yes correct, I saw the GM workbench screen at my dealership who had Denali allocation a few weeks back and tech package with premium was on constraint. SO anyone who orders premium will just sit 1100 status for a while.
My dealer gave me option to get a production ready order by ordering all the components of premium package separately and forgo the tech package. I decided to not do that and started looking for whats in stock on dealer lots within 200 mi radius and found my exact match and bought it.

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The HUD is standard on the Denali. I am excited about that feature as well. Adaptive Cruise, Security Package, and Rearview Camera Mirror are not currently available. They system will not accept the order if these items are on your order. Look it over and see if you can live without some of the Premium Package items and if so, have your dealer modify your order. Make sure they indicate that your Denali is a "sold order."

Good Luck!
I am a sold order:)

other people that know more about these constraints have said ordering a premium package should be fine. So I sure hope so.

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes correct, I saw the GM workbench screen at my dealership who had Denali allocation a few weeks back and tech package with premium was on constraint. SO anyone who orders premium will just sit 1100 status for a while.
My dealer gave me option to get a production ready order by ordering all the components of premium package separately and forgo the tech package. I decided to not do that and started looking for whats in stock on dealer lots within 200 mi radius and found my exact match and bought it.

I’m going to keep it and see what happens when they get allocation. Hopefully next week.

Dez78n

Reaction score
According to my dealer, they would not allow the order to be entered into the computer with the Premium Package in May. The Advanced Technology Package is on constraint. I would be willing to wait if the system would allow input of the order with the Premium Package.

Good luck with your order!
Strange. I just ordered on on 6/5 with the Premium package and it allowed it. Or at least I have an order #. But I've never ordered a car before so IDK that an order # means anything.

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange. I just ordered on on 6/5 with the Premium package and it allowed it. Or at least I have an order #. But I've never ordered a car before so IDK that an order # means anything.
No you can place an order it just will not get picked up at all remain in code 1100, preliminary.

The only way to allow a Denali to go through is the base model. I was just informed a few days ago that my order will not be picked up due to the advanced technology package; they don’t have it and I refuse to give it up that’s one of the main reasons why I wanted it was for that technology package.

So my order is on hold right now until they can build it so mine will be either a late 21 or it’ll be a 22 but I guarantee you’ll probably get a 22 or like me will get a very late 21 who knows.

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Since I have replied to you… a couple days ago I got word that there is no advanced technology package and my Denali cannot be built.

But I’m still gonna keep the order and see what happens. I might end up with the 22 or very late 21, but who knows. All I know is, that auto start and stop feature — if I get a 21 it will not come with that because they don’t have any chips for it. Go figure.

I mean at this point there are so many constraints on so many different things I don’t know why they don’t stop producing these things.

dsurr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I read that for 2021 models last order date was may 6. 2022 models would open up on July 26 with production starting in October. However, due to constraints the 2021 model may be extended.

Dez78n

Reaction score
Since I have replied to you… a couple days ago I got word that there is no advanced technology package and my Denali cannot be built.

But I’m still gonna keep the order and see what happens. I might end up with the 22 or very late 21, but who knows. All I know is, that auto start and stop feature — if I get a 21 it will not come with that because they don’t have any chips for it. Go figure.

I mean at this point there are so many constraints on so many different things I don’t know why they don’t stop producing these things.
If this is true (I’m not saying I don’t believe you that it is) why do the keep accepting orders for it? Seems stupid to accept orders you know you won’t fulfill.

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this is true (I’m not saying I don’t believe you that it is) why do the keep accepting orders for it? Seems stupid to accept orders you know you won’t fulfill.
Not all dealerships are aware of this maybe? it’s a well-known constraint for the air ride & max tow, but the technology package seems to be a newer constraint

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not all dealerships are aware of this maybe? it’s a well-known constraint for the air ride & max tow, but the technology package seems to be a newer constraint
B1EC34BB-22C3-4B99-B409-4D975BA3733B.jpeg
From my emails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos