Denali interior in Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2006yukonDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Couple months ago I bought a Denali. I absolutely LOVE it. So much so, that I want to swap a Denali interior into my duramax. It's a 2006 lt (heated leather, center console, fully loaded), and I have the chance to buy a 2006 Denali XL parts truck. I was wondering if I would be able to swap the seats, door panels, dash, steering wheel, and everything from a Denali XL into the duramax without any problems. Like wiring harness, mounts, or anything like that. Thanks in advance.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple months ago I bought a Denali. I absolutely LOVE it. So much so, that I want to swap a Denali interior into my duramax. It's a 2006 lt (heated leather, center console, fully loaded), and I have the chance to buy a 2006 Denali XL parts truck. I was wondering if I would be able to swap the seats, door panels, dash, steering wheel, and everything from a Denali XL into the duramax without any problems. Like wiring harness, mounts, or anything like that. Thanks in advance.

I think much of it should be pretty straight forward swap. I would go to GMPartsDirect website and see if the part numbers of the items are the same for both vehicles.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything will physically fit as long as it’s GMT800 platform to GMT800 platform. Seats all bolt in the same way, though I’m. It sure about the back seats as I have never seen how they bolt in in the trucks. If the have the same seat options( heat, movement adjustments) they will probably even have the same wiring harnesses. The dash and bezels and door panels should all fit just fine. If you’re moving the gauge cluster over, the correct mileage for the Silverado will need to be programmed into the Denali cluster. I can’t see what anything else wouldn’t move over.

OP
OP

2006yukonDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Everything will physically fit as long as it’s GMT800 platform to GMT800 platform. Seats all bolt in the same way, though I’m. It sure about the back seats as I have never seen how they bolt in in the trucks. If the have the same seat options( heat, movement adjustments) they will probably even have the same wiring harnesses. The dash and bezels and door panels should all fit just fine. If you’re moving the gauge cluster over, the correct mileage for the Silverado will need to be programmed into the Denali cluster. I can’t see what anything else wouldn’t move over.
Awesome. One of the biggest reasons I want to do this is I want to put the captains chairs in the back. I think that's a really cool look

Mezzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my experience the Denali/Esky Center console won't be a direct swap with the wiring harness,it will plug in but the pin locations are completely different

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome. One of the biggest reasons I want to do this is I want to put the captains chairs in the back. I think that's a really cool look
I've kind of wanted to do something similar in my Crew Cab, and install a console between them. Haven't tried it yet, though.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that in the SUVs people have converted from bench seats to buckets and vice versa. But the seats always have to come out of a matching wheel base SUV. I would think that because the bucket seats in the Xl denali are quite large there might be a space issue in the pickup truck. And they may not match up to the bolt holes in the floor. But I’m not sure on that. Only way to know for sure is to get the seats into the truck and measure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali