Denali console floor vent adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum, and relatively new owner of a '99 2-door Tahoe.

I scored a brand new, NOS Denali console on eBay recently, and although it appeared to come complete (including subwoofer, CD changer, and Bose amp), I've ran across multiple threads online that reference some sort of adapter or diverter to properly adapt the console to the lower floor heater/AC vents underneath the dash. Problem is, I can't seem to come up with a part number for this adapter, or even a photo of what it looks like.

Here's an old thread that referenced multiple Denali consoles for sale, and also specifically mentioned the heater adapter:

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41273

Does anyone have any info on this plate or diverter? Thanks in advance!

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll post pics of both heater box covers late tonight.
Can you post up the link to the NOS one you bought and price asked/ paid.
Curious as to what a NOS one is worth
Thanks
Tbruz

OP
OP
C

CSX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That would be awesome, thank you!

As for the console, I just happened to find a seller on eBay selling a couple - I believe the listing may have completed, but I'll open up my eBay account to see if there are any left.

Essentially, it was the complete lower console, sans top trim/cupholder piece. But it was complete in that it also included the Denali/Escalade BCM, wiring harness, CD changer, CD changer magazine, and Bose amplifier, so I'm hoping I can recoup some of my costs by selling those pieces off.

It was listed at something around $750, but I submitted an offer for $500, which was accepted...shipping was $60 to Arizona, for a grand total of $560 for the complete lower console (with brand new, unmolested, unbroken rear cupholder).

I still had to purchase the top trim...again, the seller had a couple remaining, but only in tan. So $240 for the cupholder trim, and another $150 to have it re-dyed to match the gray lower console. So all in all, I'm at close to a grand for the console, but I also know it's brand new, which is worth something to me. But if I can offload the new electronics, I'll hopefully reduce the cost by a few hundred bucks at best.

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics attached
Basically the Denali plate is same size but has no openings on the front part that abuts the Denali console, The Tahoe plate has two openings on the front flat face. Also the inside of the Denali plate is perfectly smooth where the Tahoe one has "fins" leading to the front openings.
The Denali plate has two openings on the side where the Tahoe has only one.

Thinking you can easily modify the Tahoe plate by:
1. Blocking off the front openings however you like
2 removing all off the "fins inside the Tahoe plate to make as smooth as possible.

Hope this helps.
Thanks
Tbruz

Attachments

• denali v tahoe heater block off front view2.jpg
    denali v tahoe heater block off front view2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 57
  • denali v tahoe heater block off side view.jpg
    denali v tahoe heater block off side view.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 51
  • denali v tahoe heater block off front view.jpg
    denali v tahoe heater block off front view.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
C

CSX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Those pictures rock, thank you so much. I finally understand what it is - it doesn't appear that it truly blocks off the factory Tahoe vents so much as it redirects them to the lower left and right hand corner, which is consistent with the indentations on the front of the Denali console to allow air into the footwell area. I'll see if i can find a part number for future reference on the forum, otherwise looks like I'll be scouring junkyards soon.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

As for the console, sadly, there were only two available, and they've both sold.

Here's a link to the seller's eBay storefront, may not hurt to message him and inquire about what he may have available:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/whiteracingproductsllc

The part numbers for the complete lower console are:

15053714 (gray)
15035715 (tan)

Here are a few part diagrams to help you sort it out. The first is a general breakdown of how you would piece together a new console - there are three major part numbers:

Lower console - Item#1 in the diagram (note that it includes #4, 5, and 6)
Top trim/cupholders - Item #2
Mounting bolts to secure top trim to lower console (x2) - Item #3

The second is an exploded view showing everything that's contained in the console - again, keep in mind that the top trim is separate, but the part numbers for the top trim are:

15049273 (gray)
15049274 (tan)

$_57.jpg

060511TC16-175.jpg

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the exploded view.
I already have a console in my 2 door
I picked it up in junkyard complete down to the key for the top lid.
I stripped the paint, repainted and re-upholster the lid and the tray bezel to match my interior.

I have a second compete one(tan) that i'll rebuild and repaint shortly to sell off.
Thanks
Tony

Attachments

• denali console in Tahoe Ps.jpg
    denali console in Tahoe Ps.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
C

CSX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice, makes me excited for when I finally get mine installed.

If you run across a spare vent adapter before I do, I'll gladly buy it from you assuming you don't have a need for it.

Nutro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So do I need to buy the adapter from a Denali or will the Escalade have one?

99rgvDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow, just did a swap on my 99 denali to newer console and threw away the old console with frame and everything lol should have sold it

Kramlik

Reaction score
Thanks for the exploded view.
I already have a console in my 2 door
I picked it up in junkyard complete down to the key for the top lid.
I stripped the paint, repainted and re-upholster the lid and the tray bezel to match my interior.

I have a second compete one(tan) that i'll rebuild and repaint shortly to sell off.
Thanks
Tony

What Did You Use to Reupholster the lid ? i tried a few different staple guns and wasnt working very well
What Was Your Process ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11