denali center console trim - whats the deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im considering purchase of a NBS denali , and I have a decent budget. ive seen some pretty clean trucks, but the common thread is that all that center console trim and storage doors ALL look like somebody just scraped them with keys and chewed on them. I don't understand.... ive owned vehicles for years and have not damaged trim to this extent.. EVER! maybe you guys can shed some light on this phenomena

emilime75

Reaction score
GM loves rubberized paint coatings on a lot of their interior pieces. The Denali center console trim is one of those examples and the dash cap is another. Unfortunately, it doesn't last and eventually starts to peel and chip, it's very common. Many decide to refurbish these parts by removing the rubberized coating and repainting in whatever color/finish they choose.

wolferine358

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made mine into an iPad 4 mini base check out my thread for an idea

pnwdan

Cunning linguist
Reaction score
the rubberized paint comes off from the use of stuff like vinyl cleaners/shine products. You can strip and repaint them. there is a brand of color matched paint that is too close to tell the difference or you can order a dash kit that covers the parts with a wood that matches the OEM dash trim

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Theyre all like that - You just have to either deal with it, or repaint it.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to thread jack, but Does anyone happen to know the closest paint or plasti dip that I can repaint my Denali dash trim with? That dark gray trim is one of the main things I like about the Denali dash trim. I haven't installed it in my truck yet because I want to refurbish the panel first.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah alot of,times it chips and scrapes because of the cheap crap that people and car washed use to clean. I did mine with a 3M vinyl wrap that's looks like mywood trim and I love it.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah alot of,times it chips and scrapes because of the cheap crap that people and car washed use to clean. I did mine with a 3M vinyl wrap that's looks like mywood trim and I love it.

Would you mind posting a picture of that? I'd love to see how that turned out.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah ill snap a pic of what I have done so far in the morning. So far I have the two lids over the storage. Haven't had time to take the 's changer cover off and custom cut the slots for the 's changer and storage. That one will be a pain to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9