DEF level sensor issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds excessive. I've only put in 3 and I'm at 25K miles.
What’s your MY? Mine is a 22 produced in May of 2022.

Demonworks on YouTube who has owned every MY duramax pickup so far (20-23) said that the newer ones drank more DEF, especially the LZ0’s but I wonder if GM changed anything in the programming along the way and that later built LM2’s drink more DEF too…

OP
OP
R

RK58

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will update again after the trip back to the dealership, I just want a level reading on my DIC like the way it was built and not worry when I will get the low level alert.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s your MY? Mine is a 22 produced in May of 2022.

Demonworks on YouTube who has owned every MY duramax pickup so far (20-23) said that the newer ones drank more DEF, especially the LZ0’s but I wonder if GM changed anything in the programming along the way and that later built LM2’s drink more DEF too…
It doesn't say in my signature?

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a dream. Ours uses 1 gallon per 1000 miles unburdened, 1 per 200 miles towing.
I guess you would have to get more data points of reference. 1 gallon per 1000 miles sure seems excessive to me unloaded. I maybe have gone thru 9 gallons max in 25K miles. all is working fine....

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, at least good to hear mines not an anomaly. @Stbentoak I assume yours is a 21? I wonder if that has something to do with it or the programming. Would be nice to get more data points from other forum members.

GARRELL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2023 Tahoe DEF level dropped the other day from 1/2 tank to 0 bars on my gauge and a warning of low level on the DIC, I filled the tank and it took 2 gallons so it was reading correct before it died but still reading 0. I have read of issues with the 21 and 22 Silverado needing a new DEF tank because of the level sensor issues. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue, it goes into the dealership this Thursday hopefully it is something simple.
I'm relatively new to this form but have DEF guage issues on a 2023 YUKON XL. Guage never leaves the FULL mark, and it now has 5200 miles. I carry a 2.5 gallon DEF jog in the back, but so far it has never stalled or given a low indication. I plan to drive it until some indication pops up on the dash, but seems strange to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10