Debadging.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the flexfuel badge, GMC badge and Yukon badge all on my tailgate.... I'm going to shave them off. I figured I would heat them up with a hairdryer, douce them with goo gone and pry them off. Before I did this I figured I would ask if anyone had any tips or tricks to getting them off without leaving marks. These metal badges are no joke and not as plyable as plastic badges I have had on GM cars in the past....

Tips?

SLTexas

Reaction score
I did this on my '04 and just recently on my '07 I took off the dealer badge they put on and the flexfuel badge. I just soaked it up with goo gone, let it sit a little and used some fishing line to kind of saw back and forth until the badge fell off. Then worked the black stuff remaining with my thumb and a goo gone soaked rag until everyhing came off. Then I went with some scratch x stuff and just buffed it out. I didn't use a hair dryer but down here in Texas it's been constantly in the 90's already.

OP
OP
P

PACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
use fishing line as a saw = good tip!

Nice! Thanks!

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fishing line and some liquid wax to keep the stuff from re-sticking does wonders

pockets25

Reaction score
Use an eraser wheel to take off the left over adhesive. It will save you thumbs.

Also I use a plastic blade like you would use to put bondo on. I use this because I always break the fishing line.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Use an eraser wheel to take off the left over adhesive. It will save you thumbs.

Also I use a plastic blade like you would use to put bondo on. I use this because I always break the fishing line.

X2 on the Eraser wheel. You can get one from any auto body store or auto paint store. The easiest way to get them off is to heat them up with a heat gun or hair dryer, then pull off the badge and then use the eraser wheel to get off any additional residue.

thumper_ehhhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just debadged mine today.I heated them up with a hair dryer and ripped them off. I then used a plastic scraper and got as much of the sticky foam off then used goo gone. 20 mins max to have both embulems off the back gate.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Eraser wheel or nothing, don't use fishing line, plastic scrapers, goo gone, or anything else on your flashy new yuks or hoes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willb

Latest posts