DDM Tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qdotcom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased the HID lighting system from DDM. On the advice of this board I purchased HIs, Lows, and fog lights for my 2002 Tahoe LTZ. Installation was easy. Fog lights were NOT H3 bulbs as this forum told me, as I found out after purchasing. I have H27 bulbs in my fog lights which DDM cross-referenced and they said it equates to the 880 bulb. Can anyone confirm this?

Plus, typically only one headlight comes on when I start my truck. I have to deactivate the automatic lights and then turn the lights on by switch in which they both come on. DDM said that I should put a bigger fuse in like 30w or wire the ballast to battery because enough power isn't getting to the ballasts to ignite both lights simultaneously. Anyone have this problem, and how was the problem solved? Thank you.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
curious as to where you found this "Fog lights were NOT H3 bulbs as this forum told me"
information. post link to said information.

Yess the H27 cross to 881 which WILL work in your fogs.
All 8XX series lights use same locking lug pattern, they are merely diff wattage.

Yess, you need more power to the lights, hence the recommendation to get the relay harness..

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Mine did the cyclops thing for like a day, i just kept turning them on and off and it went away. Also the fogs are 880's.

anguyen325

Reaction score
i've been having that cyclopse problem despite having the relay harness. i have to turn off the auto light feature and manually turn the headlights back on.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
We have three Tahoe's two NBS Tahoe's and one NNBS a 2001 F-150 a 2000 mercury grand Marcus's, all have DDM kits with no issues. For years now at that too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts