Dash Tabs / Equipment Holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjracer20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are three of these plastic tabs on the dash of my 2013 Tahoe PPV. I have to assume they are the remaining pieces of some kind of mount for equipment and such. Does anybody have some insight on them or know what they are called so I can try to find the missing pieces?

cd88e91ebe45faede2cdf7cee89c7cad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobo49505

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are three of these plastic tabs on the dash of my 2013 Tahoe PPV. I have to assume they are the remaining pieces of some kind of mount for equipment and such. Does anybody have some insight on them or know what they are called so I can try to find the missing pieces?

You put zip ties in them for cable management. its just double sided tape underneath.

OP
OP
cjracer20

cjracer20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks easy to remove.

Lol well yeah, of course they are. I was thinking maybe I could repurpose them or use them the way they were designed for all my gadgets and such. Just didn’t know if they were pieces to a mount or what they were.

Toby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

My Tahoe came with wood grain plastic dash inserts and radio bezels. I see yours are the same color as the air vent covers. Did you paint them or did they come that color?

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like bobo49505 said those were just put on there by the department that had your truck for cable management. Sloppy/lazy install work if you ask me instead of running wires/cables behind the dash. I hate exposed cables. Just pull them off with some GooGone. They look like an eye sore.

OP
OP
cjracer20

cjracer20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Tahoe came with wood grain plastic dash inserts and radio bezels. I see yours are the same color as the air vent covers. Did you paint them or did they come that color?

This is how they were when I bought it. I’ve noticed that when I try to buy the dash piece for the DIC buttons, the only color I’ve found it in is that wood grain. I didn’t even notice that until you pointed it out. I guess I’ve been so use to staring at that wood grain in my Impala for so long.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like bobo49505 said those were just put on there by the department that had your truck for cable management. Sloppy/lazy install work if you ask me instead of running wires/cables behind the dash. I hate exposed cables. Just pull them off with some GooGone. They look like an eye sore.

I'd try the goo-gone somewhere it won't be seen if it screws things up first. That finish is kind of 'delicate', so any scraping and digging, and possibly any odd chemicals you put on it, is likely to damage the surface. I ordered new panels to install the DIC in our '10, and just the movement of the parts in their plastic bags during shipping was enough to put a couple of blemishes on them. :-/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442

Latest posts