Custom console questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guitarded

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm starting a new project on my 99 Tahoe LT. The center console needs major improvement; no cupholders, no real storage space, nowhere to put a phone, no charging points, etc. So it's time to build a new one. The new console will have cupholders, USB ports, 12V plug, switches for aux lighting, a Uniden scanner, a wireless charging pad, and ample storage.

My question for the experts out there: have you got a good source for vinyl or another material that I can wrap it in, to give it a factory appearance?

Building out of wood, obviously, and I have some thin foam for detail work and some of the top surfaces to make it a little softer to rest an arm on, but I'm having trouble finding nice materials to finish it with.

Thoughts?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Automotive upholstery shops that repair seats have a big selection of fabrics, vinyl, and leather to match car interiors.

OP
OP
Guitarded

Guitarded

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, I tried a couple of local shops, and their selections weren't what I was looking for. The colours were right, but the grain patterns were too large, looked too much like they belonged in 70s vans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33