Custom center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stocksj

Reaction score
Has anyone built out a custom console for mounting ham radios? I have a front bench seat in my 07 Suburban with a middle jump seat that I need to replace with a console so I can mount 2 Ham radios. I was thinking about installing a PPV type mounting plate with a PPV radio console or just do a custom center console. Any recommendations on which would be easier or more functional?

Thanks

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Has anyone built out a custom console for mounting ham radios? I have a front bench seat in my 07 Suburban with a middle jump seat that I need to replace with a console so I can mount 2 Ham radios. I was thinking about installing a PPV type mounting plate with a PPV radio console or just do a custom center console. Any recommendations on which would be easier or more functional?

Thanks
@Sparksalot has a custom setup in his PPV. Hopefully he'll chime in with some pics.

OP
OP
stocksj

stocksj

Reaction score
That looks very interesting. What's a good place to find Jotto floorplate? ebay or try my luck in a junkuyard?

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks very interesting. What's a good place to find Jotto floorplate? ebay or try my luck in a junkuyard?
I bought it new from one of the public safety suppliers. Paid $140 if I recall, 3 years ago.

they do show up on eBay. With any of them, the only unique thing between vehicles are the brackets to the seat mount bolts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low