Custom Built Console Sub Box Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bwiggins1985

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am trying to build a subwoofer box for under my center console for my suburban. I don't want to spend 150$ on a speaker box...and I like building stuff like that. Does anyone have the dimensions for the boxed that will fit under the center console. Has anyone built a custom box for their Tahoe or Suburban center console?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get a factory bose subwoofer

it was custom deigned to fit in that area

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to build a subwoofer box for under my center console for my suburban. I don't want to spend 150$ on a speaker box...and I like building stuff like that. Does anyone have the dimensions for the boxed that will fit under the center console. Has anyone built a custom box for their Tahoe or Suburban center console?

There is a guy here who built and was selling a box that fit in there for a 10" Kicker L7. I think you should mimic the dimensions of the stock subwoofer box where you can make it fit a bigger speaker. I would do a quick search on here to find that guy for dimensions. He helped me in the past too with something related.

denalixxx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the MTX version and havent installed it yet (08 Denali) if you still need measurements let me know... this is made with fiberglass fyi IMG-1687.JPG IMG-1688.JPG

Bbarnes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the MTX version and havent installed it yet (08 Denali) if you still need measurements let me know... this is made with fiberglass fyi View attachment 220316 View attachment 220317
Hi I was just checking things out and saw where you had offered to send the measurements to Bwiggings1985 of you box a few months back. I was wondering if you may still have the measurements handy and would be kind enough to send them to me if possible. BTW did you ever get it installed if so how well does a 10 work in that area. Thanks so much hope to hear from you soon.

denalixxx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed it and It sounds Awesome way better then I was expecting

Awfiretto

Reaction score
I guess there is only a brave few willing to build their own for this. Still looking for dimensions myself. If I find them I will post here, if not I will still make it and then post my dimensions here and start a new thread.

Tyrant

Reaction score
There is an ebay seller who makes boxes that fit a 10" shallow mount subwoofer. I recently ordered one, however I have yet to lay hands on it. What dimensions are you looking for, specifically? I'll make a brief guide when I install mine, as I have found a serious lack of guides for that particular install.

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought that e bay box. i told him the woofer i had and he made the box so it fits!! 10" JL audio . the sub in front will play a little higher, more mid-bass. The Kicker L7T in the rear will have the bottom. Good quality box. i haven't installed it yet. it's still sitting on my desk, lol. Soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11