Custom Bluetooth Using 2001yr Onstar Mic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to use the tape deck wiring to build a Bluetooth module. I am hoping the control lines for the tape deck from the head unit will provide enough stuff for me to control the bluetooth from the head unit. (I love keeping factory look)

I think I can pull it off. However, I also would like the call capabilities. I know the onstar mic is located on ceiling console by driver. I've found the connector in there... However, I need to figure out where that connector / signal is run into the onstar box behind the glove box. I want to disconnect those lines (or split them) to also run into my bluetooth module.

Any ideas which pins on the OnStar module / connector are from the mic? I may need to tear my dash apart again and probe all that out :|

When I was an engineer I built some circuits boards utilizing bluetooth to make wireless RS232 / UART connections. I see now they have modules already built you just wire in :) This could be a pretty fun little project!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts