Custom 12” enclosure for 07-15 Tahoe Yukon Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4320CF16-0709-4ABD-97A9-1903CC1A5C20.jpeg 93201FC5-2429-4328-86DD-F4F986B946E5.jpeg 5641615F-6BB8-4B7E-9278-3DFF7167F065.jpeg 8E7A14CF-4977-4697-AC8A-60A4AAFD79D6.jpeg as title states. This fits between center captains chairs. Sold vehicles and they didn’t want this. $175 plus shipping. Fosgate P3 sub not included. THIS ROCKED THE CRAP OUT OF MY RIDE!! People had no idea where the enclosure was and thought I had multiple subs installed. Fits pretty tight and could use to be trimmed down about 1/2 because it does wedge under the armrests causing a little note effort to put down seats. Didn’t bother me enough to do anything about it though.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like this and have plans drawn up of a very similar one for a 10" TypeR. Ported or sealed? You know the volume and port dimensions if ported?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ponchonutty

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like this and have plans drawn up of a very similar one for a 10" TypeR. Ported or sealed? You know the volume and port dimensions if ported?
I prefer sealed enclosures when running higher quality subs with high power capabilities. Not sure what’s needed for a TypeR sorry.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer sealed enclosures when running higher quality subs with high power capabilities. Not sure what’s needed for a TypeR sorry.

I have the specs for my sub, which is how I drew up the design that I did. I was asking for the details of your enclosure in case I decided to be lazy and buy yours instead of building my own. I could easily add an extra layer to the baffle with a cutout for a 10".

I agree with using a high quality driver in a sealed enclosure for SQ. But, I geek out on calculating the metrics for box volume, port tuning, etc. and testing the results. Even if yours is sealed, it may have sufficient volume for me to add a port.

OP
OP
Ponchonutty

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the specs for my sub, which is how I drew up the design that I did. I was asking for the details of your enclosure in case I decided to be lazy and buy yours instead of building my own. I could easily add an extra layer to the baffle with a cutout for a 10".

I agree with using a high quality driver in a sealed enclosure for SQ. But, I geek out on calculating the metrics for box volume, port tuning, etc. and testing the results. Even if yours is sealed, it may have sufficient volume for me to add a port.
With that huge 12” in there I have about 1.35cu/ft. I did have a small ported enclosure with a JL 10” in a ported box in the same spot but didn’t like it. With the huge cabin it sounded way too muddy with no “punch” at all. I think because of the port it was canceling frequencies. I found it odd because I normally choose 10s over 12s in my builds. This enclosure actually acts like it has a port because it fires down with a large slot facing towards the front of the cabin.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I built a very similar box for mine but I didn’t semi-seal it to the floor. I also painted and sealed it rather than covering it since I was worried it’d look terrible. Haha. It sounds fantastic with my Audiofrog GB12. Only thing that sucks is the height I had to make it to fit the speakers makes it where I can’t tumble the seats without sliding I forward first since the arm rests hit.

Slurpglass

Reaction score
View attachment 222119 View attachment 222120 View attachment 222121 View attachment 222122 as title states. This fits between center captains chairs. Sold vehicles and they didn’t want this. $175 plus shipping. Fosgate P3 sub not included. THIS ROCKED THE CRAP OUT OF MY RIDE!! People had no idea where the enclosure was and thought I had multiple subs installed. Fits pretty tight and could use to be trimmed down about 1/2 because it does wedge under the armrests causing a little note effort to put down seats. Didn’t bother me enough to do anything about it though.

Damn! I hadn’t thought of putting one there. Well played sir. Love it! Available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ponchonutty

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx. It wasn’t my first choice I had a thin mount p3 10’ Fosgate in the rear but it didn’t have enough ass to it. I was hesitate to build this one until I threw in a cheap pre-fab and tried it out. It blew me away in the sound difference!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe