Cup Holder Mod...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
malmed

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was planning on an inverted PVC cap on the bottom, but, this worked so I just went with it....

Mike H

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Realize this thread is over a year old but, oh well, here goes. I've been looking around for a while on fixing this cup holder issue, picked up this cup holder for a 2007-14 Tahoe from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M6T68B4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Separated the outside bottom housing portion and the cup holder parts (sorry, no pics of this), easy to do along the line near the top where they put em together. With them separated I got rid of the little plastic bracing along the top edge and got rid of the edge that connected it to the outside bottom housing.

It drops right in once the old (useless) cup holder is removed, but wouldn't stay in place when I lifted a cup out. Pulled it back out and put some 3M 2-sided tape on the front of the cup parts since this was hitting the front of the mounting area. And done, doesn't move, in there real solid and only cost $17 and about 10 minutes time. Looks factory (pics below) and holds my 30oz Yeti without tipping all over the place. Only problem, the cover won't close, could grind some of the top edges away to make that work if needed, but I don't recall ever closing mine, so not concerned about it.

20190522_104337.jpg 20190522_104326.jpg

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Realize this thread is over a year old but, oh well, here goes. I've been looking around for a while on fixing this cup holder issue, picked up this cup holder for a 2007-14 Tahoe from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M6T68B4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Separated the outside bottom housing portion and the cup holder parts (sorry, no pics of this), easy to do along the line near the top where they put em together. With them separated I got rid of the little plastic bracing along the top edge and got rid of the edge that connected it to the outside bottom housing.

It drops right in once the old (useless) cup holder is removed, but wouldn't stay in place when I lifted a cup out. Pulled it back out and put some 3M 2-sided tape on the front of the cup parts since this was hitting the front of the mounting area. And done, doesn't move, in there real solid and only cost $17 and about 10 minutes time. Looks factory (pics below) and holds my 30oz Yeti without tipping all over the place. Only problem, the cover won't close, could grind some of the top edges away to make that work if needed, but I don't recall ever closing mine, so not concerned about it.

View attachment 223519 View attachment 223518

I'm doing this mod, just ordered the center console insert from Amazon.

Mike H

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm doing this mod, just ordered the center console insert from Amazon.

Hopefully you can get some pics, I should have thought about it beforehand but it went so easy next thing I knew it was done. You'll notice the new cup holder has a bit of an angle to it front to back, the shorter should go to the front to make it sit flat in there, I think, just try both to see which one it sits flat.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Hopefully you can get some pics, I should have thought about it beforehand but it went so easy next thing I knew it was done. You'll notice the new cup holder has a bit of an angle to it front to back, the shorter should go to the front to make it sit flat in there, I think, just try both to see which one it sits flat.

Will do.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need a quad cup holder, lol. Actually I really like the way the Expedition put 2 cup holders for the rear passengers in the empty space right behind the center console lid. If I could find a mod for that for my Esky, I’d do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
So this past weekend I did the cup holder mod and it came out great. I made it look like the original and was able to close the lids.

20190702_150255.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts