CSFI to MPFI conversion identification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gregsb

Reaction score
Delphi makes the AC Delco unit so it is the same, you just eliminate the middle man.

I will be doing this swap next spring. The previous owner of my truck had the intake gasket done and the recommended initial service done on the injectors before I bought it, it sucks that he did not want to spring for the spider replacement as it was too expensive through the dealer.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Sparg, If you had a scan based tune AND really noticable issue with the spider when it was tuned, they you MAY want to have the scan tune fine tuned. I probably would not bother with it, Especially if it the tune was question based..

Now the acdelco is a re-branded Delphi unit however that delco unit has the plenum, extra spider body gasket and TB gasket which technically can reuse. But since you want to do the intake gaskets I recommend the Fel-Pro MS98000T Manifold Gasket Set. It has the lower gasket plenum, TB, Dizzy, RTV seals. You can discard or save the extra spider body fuel line o-rings and spider body oval seal. They are in the Delphi unit already and fuel o-rings are already in place. New manifold bolt are highly recommended and are Fel-Pro ES72224 Engine Intake Manifold Bolt Set. So with the delphi unit, felpro gasket set and new bolts at current amazon pricing you can get all that for less then just geting the delco unit. You can't go wrong. I would recommend while you have it apart you have give the manifold and plenum a good cleaning. Order up while the pricing is good.

Last edited:

tlamot01

Reaction score
Got the amazon unit and so far, I haven't noticed any increase in highway mileage. I tool around town most of the time so I'm expecting in the 11-12 mpg range, but my highway mileage rarely exceeds 14mpg, even before the spider upgrade. No OBD codes, so I can't tell if there is an O2 sensor issue or something else that is causing such poor mileage.
Back in 2001, when I got the truck, I routinely saw 17mpg.
I have some upgrades that were supposed to help, but all they did was add more power. Short tube headers, throttle body spacer, electric fans, FIPK2 intake, spider MPFI.
I really enjoy this truck despite its overall aging conditions. Just wish I could get back the pre-ethanol mileage (which may be a huge part in all of this).

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take off the throttle body spacer. They only spacer that would make a diffrence would be a intake spacer and even then there is diffrence of oppions on that one but the throttle body one really doesnt do anything on our 5.7's.

bass1775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a BBK power plus 80 mm throttle body on my hoe and it requires an adaptor/spacer for the butterfly to clear the opening in the upper manifold when you go WOT. With a BB tune it runs great.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
well bbk is way overdone. does no good to be ported that big when the plenum opening knocks it back down again and need an adapter to make sure it can clear. stupid design and definitely a waste of money for vortec 5.7l

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts