CSFI to MPFI conversion identification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HankHill

Reaction score
Hi -

Is there an easy & positive visual inspection method to determine which injection system is currently installed? I don't have maintenance records from the previous owner, so I don't know which system is in my '00 Tahoe.

I tried to search, but didn't have any luck.....

HH

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only way I could think of is to open the throttle body butteryfly (or remove the TB) and shine a flashlight in there. If the 8 fuel lines go into the manifold with two little rounded clips sticking out, then that is the old style. The new style will just be the line/injector going into the manifold with nothing else visible since it does not have the external clips.

You might need a mirror to get in there and see it.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
take off your injector harness and look down in the connector pit which picture looks like yours? See the difference in the holes above each line? One dot the other t-shaped?

Last edited:

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
what year did they start with the new style? what is the benefit?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
it was started around 2003 I believe. At least that is when GM started sending out letters to owners. Injector is taken out of body and new type is installed downsteam of each line. No more poppet junk. Cleaner burning fuel, smoother idle, and what not. Comes with new regulator installed.

OLD
833-22102-cpi_unit_600.jpg

NEW

41XsruwHlrL._SS400_.jpg

Got MPFI?

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Interesting...my rig runs really smooth, but i know i have a slight spider leak on both banks...i avg ~15.5mpg.

Worth the upgrade?

Last edited:

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
i hate to ask this...but for $250, what do you think the benefit is for me? (assuming the above extra intel i provided)

My truck runs really smooth and my mileage is decent for 4dr 4x4 with 1.75" lift & 33" tires.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I guarantee it will have to be done eventually so do it before it suddenly decided to start acting up. And no spider leaks. so if you leak now you will probably get some performance and mileage back.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
I have a BB tune and recently lowered the thermostat...should i sent the computer out to be adjusted if i also do this upgrade?

you're right...i also need to replace the intake manifold gasket and while everything is off, i might as well do this too.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

any idea the difference between the AC Delco & Delphi Unit?
http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-217-3...hevrolet|47&Year=1999|1999&newCar=1&carId=002