Cruise control working intermittently...08 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajb1205

Reaction score
So further to my other post, I just got a call from the wife saying that the cruise is, once again, not working on my 08 Tahoe. This has been an on-going issue since the day we bought it almost 3 months ago. I have had it in the shop 3 different times...the first time they found nothing as it was working fine, the second they found a faulty brake light switch, the third they reprogrammed something (can't remember exactly what the invoice said). I even had OnStar contact me to tell me there is an issue do to a low voltage circuit. Does anyone have any suggestions??? I am getting a bit annoyed that the dealership can't find the problem. I realize that it is very difficult to diagnose something that is working, at that moment, as it should. It just surprises me that OnStart can tell me something is wrong yet the tech cannot.

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the majority of the time is that faulty light switch, it happen to me, and I replaced it. But yours got replaced. :confused: Did you try replacing the brake light switch yourself? You should, less than $20, maybe, it'll work.

99embrey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My lade does the same. Pickup on the brake pedal with your foot while turning on cruise. This works for mine. I need to put a new brake light switch in mine

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metal2forall