Cruise Control Not Working (not brake switch, LED's, or 3rd Brake light)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frasier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Searched around and those are the only issues I could find. Replaced the brake switch, don't have LED's and the 3rd brake light functions properly. Anyone have any suggestions, or fixed something other than those 3 when cruise control wasn't working?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Searched around and those are the only issues I could find. Replaced the brake switch, don't have LED's and the 3rd brake light functions properly. Anyone have any suggestions, or fixed something other than those 3 when cruise control wasn't working?

The other potential problems are the BCM, the swtich on the steering wheel and the clockspring under the airbag. You need an advanced scan tool that can read BCM codes and see live data and interact with the computer so you're throwing parts at it.

Make sure the brake switch was done right and that it works too. Some non OE switches just plumb don't work.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you have kind of abs, traction control, stabiltrac issue's going on then it's likely that cruise wont work, any "problems" like that disable cruise control for safety reasons

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it has a mechanical cruise control, but I know on my Caddy(yes I know) the cruise control cable came loose from the bracket and the throttle wouldn't open up but it tried.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it has a mechanical cruise control, but I know on my Caddy(yes I know) the cruise control cable came loose from the bracket and the throttle wouldn't open up but it tried.
no these trucks are drive by wire there is no mechanical cable they eliminated that way back about 03-04

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st