Cruise Control Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S_c_collins3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a 06 Z71. I’m having a problem with the cruise control. I already checked my brakes and the lights were very dim so I went ahead and changed out the brake switch on the pedal. The lights are very bright now and normal, but the cruise control is still not working. When I push the button sometimes the indicator will show up for just a split second and then go back off and sometimes it doesn’t show up at all. You can see the indicator come on then go right back off again. Has anybody had this problem and it not relate to the brake light switch? This actually happened before and it was the brake light switch, but this time it’s obviously not. I’m lost as to where to look next. Thanks guys for any help or advice

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a 06 Z71. I’m having a problem with the cruise control. I already checked my brakes and the lights were very dim so I went ahead and changed out the brake switch on the pedal. The lights are very bright now and normal, but the cruise control is still not working. When I push the button sometimes the indicator will show up for just a split second and then go back off and sometimes it doesn’t show up at all. You can see the indicator come on then go right back off again. Has anybody had this problem and it not relate to the brake light switch? This actually happened before and it was the brake light switch, but this time it’s obviously not. I’m lost as to where to look next. Thanks guys for any help or advice

I am assuming you replaced the switch with a OEM part and not Dorman or other aftermarket switch. The aftermarket ones have been known to have quality issues. Is your 3rd brake light is working? If not, that can cause cruise not to work properly.

Having said all of that, I would check your wire connections and make sure you don’t have a bad connection or poor ground. I have never heard of the brake switch causing lights to be dim but it sounds like it fixed your brightness issue somehow.