Credentials

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
I search this forum for its wealth of information, and I find alot of confusing and conflicting inputs when it comes to mechanical / electrical components. It would be nice to see in the profile what background some of these imputs derive from. Seems opinions and guestimates run amuck. There are some bonafied members that I highly respect from there info and found most of it very useful, then there is the other 60 % that gets me guessing.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I think on a forum you should take advice and see what everyone is doing. Then you do your own research before you jump into it. Unless your absolutely sure the one giving the advice knows there shit. IF you want all tech. and no ******** we wouldn't be here to often.

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Well I think on a forum you should take advice and see what everyone is doing. Then you do your own research before you jump into it. Unless your absolutely sure the one giving the advice knows there shit. IF you want all tech. and no ******** we wouldn't be here to often.

+1

That's what a forum is about. Asking questions and people give their suggestion based from their experience. Not every vehicle is the same and everyone's satisfaction level is different as well. I will often do my own research while asking the forum for advice and combine the two and make a choice based on all of the information rather than doing something just because someone said so or that it worked for them.

That said I know nothing either. :shrug:

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
I generally won't have any input if I don't know what I'm talking about. I fix jets and build jet engines for a living, so I have a basic knowledge of a lot of things. I'll help out any way I can.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the only way I can do more that guesstimate and give opinion is if you bring the car to me so I can see it and T/S it in person... at which point I expect some type of payment :)

Your thump after all is someone else's whump and another's knock.

It's generally pretty easy to tell who is WAG ing (Wild A-- Guessing), who is Regurgitating, and who is using deductive reasoning.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
I search this forum for its wealth of information, and I find alot of confusing and conflicting inputs when it comes to mechanical / electrical components. It would be nice to see in the profile what background some of these imputs derive from. Seems opinions and guestimates run amuck. There are some bonafied members that I highly respect from there info and found most of it very useful, then there is the other 60 % that gets me guessing.

Waaaaaa:sad72: All the free advice is not coming from bonified professionals. If you ask a guy on the street for directions do you make sure he is a professional navigator? This is a bunch of guys(and a few gals) using their experience to try and help each other out. There are many "ask a mechanic" pay sites that will give you credentials all day. I think if you are an active member on this site then you'll know who knows their stuff and who is a crazy redneck. I think most people on here are doing their best to give quality advice and not screw people but as a few folks said each person can have a different experience with the same problem depending on their truck.....there is certainly more than one way to skin a cat. Sorry to be rude but for some reason your post just bugged me. When you asking for advice on how to do something it is important to have some working knowledge of the problem and common sense so if someone gives you some way off suggestion you should know it doesn't sound right. At any rate that is my rant for the month.......carry on.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is the internet. everyone on here is a genius. duhhh :D

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
i am nc660...i have a degree in afro-engineering from the new york school of hard knocks and I know all...

take it with a grain of salt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia