Creaking sound from right front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings fellow Tahoe/Yukon fans. I am in need of some expert troubleshooting advice. My truck started making a new noise and was wondering if anybody here has experience figuring out where the noise is coming from exactly. I get a creaking/squeaking coming from the right front wheel-well area. It sounds like something is dry and there is a something rubbing. I can hear the sound particularly at low speed when turning, coming to a stop and going over small bumps. There seems to be a random knocking coming from the right side of the vehicle as well. The last time I checked everything was tight from the wheels to the steering gear. Nothing seems loose. Maybe a bad ball joint or lower/upper control arm or shock bushing?

Within the past few years I replaced all of the following parts listed below for both sides. I am just starting to get into this and will have the vehicle on stands tomorrow.

- Lower/upper control arms
- Tie rod ends
- Stabilizer bar bushings and links.
- ACDelco Z55 front and Arnott Z55 rear shocks.
- ACDelco front (updated guide) top and bottom upper shock bushings

Last edited:

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I’m thinking it’s a wheel bearing. But what about these...

You hit all the zerks with grease I presume?

Brake pads good?

stabilizer bushings need lube?

Just throwing some random ideas at it if it’s not the wheel bearing.

Askold_JB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In addition to Jason's post, it could be some more options as well:
1) torsion bar bushing/s
2) body mount bushing/s
3) defective ball joint/s

E.g. - supplier palmed off to me fake MOOG (bought the whole kit - from the front to rear incl. all stearing) this September with triple price compared to general parts (yes, MOOG is very expensive in Russia, I would say - most expensive), so I installed it with expectancy to forget about suspension problems for a couple of years. AND was fYck1ng shocked this week, because diagnosis of new sounds from suspension says all 4 ball joints are totally worn, almost destructed.. Just after 7-8k miles away.
So who knows, may be you need to re-check all replaced parts more carefully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh