Crank Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed a brand new AC Delco Crank Sensor P/N 12560228 now engine will not start. Original Sensor was fine I only replaced it because I had the starter removed to install a new Positive battery cable and wanted to replace the sensor as long as the starter was removed. Can a brand new Sensor actually be faulty ?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just installed a brand new AC Delco Crank Sensor P/N 12560228 now engine will not start. Original Sensor was fine I only replaced it because I had the starter removed to install a new Positive battery cable and wanted to replace the sensor as long as the starter was removed. Can a brand new Sensor actually be faulty ?
crank position sensor? if so then you need to do a relearn, which requires a tool like a tech2 or snap on, etc.

OP
OP
JonnyTahoe

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes Crank Position Sensor. The ACDelco sensors from most GM Dealers are around 100.00. I got the ACDelco one that is Made in China. Some are Made In Mexico as well. Going to take it out and put the Original one back in.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes Crank Position Sensor. The ACDelco sensors from most GM Dealers are around 100.00. I got the ACDelco one that is Made in China. Some are Made In Mexico as well. If I would of known that I would of never bought it. Going to take it out and put the Original one back in. I have Never ever needed a Tech 2 and should not have to relearn anything it should just work like any other part. I guess I'm the only dummy that didn't know this. Thanks for the info the truck has never not started in 3 years so I knew right away it was the sensor I just put in so that was easy to figure out.
some things require a relearn because of the different options on the vehicles, srs module, bcm, tcm are a couple, replacing the cps would require one as well but it should have still started up

OP
OP
JonnyTahoe

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes Starter turns the engine over like normal. The motor would always start right up so when it kept turning over I knew the sensor was the problem being it was the only part I replaced.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts