Crank no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

steveo1

Reaction score
You say it has the correct fuel pressure. What did you read? Did you replace the fuel filter when doing the pump like stated above? Have you tried to see how much fuel flow you have at the rail? Pressure doesn't mean anything if there isn't fuel to push in. Do any of the spark plugs smell like raw fuel after crank-no-start?
58 psi on crank. After key is let go n returns to on position it settles to 50/51 psi... And holds

OP
OP
S

steveo1

Reaction score
stubbornness will get you no where, if you want assistance online then we need accurate data, we can only "guess" what your issue is otherwise. I would imagine if you have replaced the fuel pump 3 times already then that alone is probably pretty frustrating. As already mentioned the 01 indeed has a fuel filter right under the drivers seat area on the inside edge of the frame, later models do not have a exterior fuel filter.
so that being said. 1st things 1st.
1. what is the Fuel pressure on the fuel rail at the schrader valve? it needs to be in the range of 50-65 with key-on only (engine not running)
I by no means am being stubborn....I was stubborn before resomring to a forum for help...I have secum to this vehicle and decided it was beyond my current knowledge and decided reaching out for help was best route .so stubborn is complete opposite I am currently...willing to try anything...if ya told me to dig a whole in back yard and fill it in then try starting I'd be digging within minutes of the response..

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I by no means am being stubborn....I was stubborn before resomring to a forum for help...I have secum to this vehicle and decided it was beyond my current knowledge and decided reaching out for help was best route .so stubborn is complete opposite I am currently...willing to try anything...if ya told me to dig a whole in back yard and fill it in then try starting I'd be digging within minutes of the response..
Will it start and idle or do anything different if the maf is unplugged?
at this point I would start looking at air data, do you have a obd/scanner tool capable of reading live data?
also what is the temp sensor reading

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
58 psi on crank. After key is let go n returns to on position it settles to 50/51 psi... And holds

Without cranking or starting, what does the fuel pressure read when they key is first turned to "run"? Key on, engine off.

OP
OP
S

steveo1

Reaction score
Will it start and idle or do anything different if the maf is unplugged?
at this point I would start looking at air data, do you have a obd/scanner tool capable of reading live data?
also what is the temp sensor reading
I have a cheap obd ll reader...but oddly it isn't showing any codes but that could be from the previous battery going dead..I went at this six months ago and got frustrated and let it sit recently revisiting it and doing the things mentioned and unplugging maf was done with no change.. I even ran an alternate battery to block ground trying to eliminate a ground issue..I heavily want to lean on the ignition switch or pass lock but I don't have a security light so I've opted to not replace but I almost feel like it's one of only things left...question I was researching and watched a video that states the oil pressure switch could be faulty interrupting the fuel pump circuit and a backup source of power in event there was a failure with the relay for fuel pump....what's your thoughts

OP
OP
S

steveo1

Reaction score
Give me a call 937 509-7104. Would be easier the exchange thoughts

OP
OP
S

steveo1

Reaction score
Without cranking or starting, what does the fuel pressure read when they key is first turned to "run"? Key on, engine off.
58 psi ..then after prime is complete it.falls off to 50/51

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
58 psi ..then after prime is complete it.falls off to 50/51

Non-Flex Fuel spec is 55-62 psi KOEO. If it drops to low 50s before cranking that could be an issue.

I don't recall -- has the fuel pressure regulator been checked and/or replaced?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu