Craigslist ad sounds like a scam...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedore

Reaction score
Classic scam. I can tell just by the title, didn't even need to see ad. It's pretty easy to figure out a scam, usually the title/price gives it away. Not only that but if the whole ad is a photo with a 'free email' address, that further proves it and of course the price. Flagged it.

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep....those exact same scams are in the KC listings as well. I always flag those when the price so low like that it's obvious that it's a scam. Then when they don't leave a phone number to call and the email addy is AOL or live.com or something it throws up read flags....

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They probably just spam it out to all the major cities on CL and see what hits they get with people emailing...

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've realized newer cars on CL that have a price of 2980 is diffidently a scam

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty much all car ads on CL are scams. either dealers that are sub bar advertising on CL or fake cars to begin with.

parts and other stuff are alot easier to deal with. but cars, boats, and RVs and motorcycles all kinda suck as far as legitimacy but the car ads are the ones that are bombarded with scams.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you know what you looking for and know how to create an effective ad I've found CL to be a very good place to buy and sell vehicles on. You just gotta know what you're looking for and avoid the riff raff...

02YuNali916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and always try the electronics before you take it, my cousin bought a ps3 that didnt read discs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz