CPO and an Extended warranty question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dakotakid846

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looking for some advice and guidance...

3 weeks ago I purchased a cpo 2015 Yukon xl with 50k miles. I opted to not get the extended warranty at the time but am now considering it for some piece of mind.

First off..Is there a time frame I have to go back and purchase the extended warranty?

I dont recall what they were asking for it, but from talking to a few people the cost is apparently negotiable? And that it would be worthwhile calling a few other dealerships to see if they'll be cheaper? Any truth in this??

So before I go talk to them I'm trying to just get some info on about what it should cost, the terms I'd be looking at and if there are any other warranty options out there.

If anyone with a cpo has got the extended warranty through GM and youd like to offer me some insight to the cost, the terms of the warranty or anything else about it, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance for the help.

bradac

Reaction score
I believe its 30 days. however they may still try to sell you a warranty (GM) before your CPO warranty ends. I purchased a CPO 2016 Tahoe, I didn't get the extended warranty either.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look on your paperwork. It should have the dates available and cost. There are lots of ext warranty companies just do your homework read reviews check BBB

OP
OP
D

Dakotakid846

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Look on your paperwork. It should have the dates available and cost. There are lots of ext warranty companies just do your homework read reviews check BBB

Ty, yeah I've seen some online reviews of third party warranty companies and I gotta say it looks scary.

Is anyone using a third party company that hasn't experienced a nightmare with when they go to make a claim or have repairs done??

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll see if I can dig mine out. I bought it in 2011 with my 07 Denali. I think it was around 2k. I only used it once to fix my wipers not working that turned out the be a bad sensor for the rain sensing system requiring a new windshield too.

Tee202

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat I’m also looking for an extended warranty. I almost pulled the trigger last week with a company called Endurance. The I seen great reviews about a company called Concord. There’s just so many a dealership in Raleigh last week mentioned Zurich, Ally and Max Care. I’m still doing my research.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend a GM warranty. They are accepted at all GM dealerships without hassle.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is copied from another GM forum.

They sell 2 warranties; one is GMEPP and that is what I bought for my '16 Yukon. Be forewarned some states only sell warranties up to 100K miles (the PA dealer below told me that about his), some states can tack on warranty so it goes above 100K. I inquired on price from all 3 below as well as www.gmeppdirectsmith.com and www.knappvehicleservicecontracts.com and bought mine from the MT dealer who was the one I kept reading about on a few other forums as well. Ken was great to deal with! I never heard back from the AZ dealer. Bought in December, know from previous inquiries that pricing was a bit better in November. Warranties are a crap shoot but with the electronicson these cars, it takes little to add up to a BIG bill. I know from my Jeep with Hemi that was in for engine problems every oil change, my warranty paid off many, many times over.

The new warranty is called GMEPP (GM Extended Protection Plan). This is what all the dealers are switching to this year. Give this guy's a call. If buying from outside thier states, you don't pay tax either. Keep in mind that you can not buy an extended warranty outside the state if you live in MD or FL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daryl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My CPO extended my bumper to bumper warranty to 48k and power train to 100k. Odometer had 11k when we bought it. I find it hard to pay upfront for service and repairs you have no idea may or may not occur during your ownership. Hard to also say exactly how long you'll keep it.
If I were to buy one (which I'm not), I would only go with a manufacture's sponsored warranty. I used car we bought 30 years ago had a transferable extended warranty through some aftermarket company. Had to use it once to fix the cruise control but was a hassle because of who accepted the warranty and how to qualify it for the repair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GPPV