Couple Questions on Electronic upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasqid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking at getting a Pioneer W-4660NEX with Wireless Android Auto from Crutchfield as well as their kit to include "most features". https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130DMW4660/Pioneer-DMH-W4660NEX.html?tp=72381

While I plan to do this I would like to update/grade the Auxiliary ports and USB console port.

Is it possible to wire the already builtin USB A port (inside the center console) to work with aftermarket units with the USB ports? (I understand some conversion between C and A may be in order.)

I've see some folks remove/replace their Aux power (cigarette lighter) ports with built-in dual USB ports. I can't seem to find this available anywhere and was hoping anyone here could point the way.

Lastly, I have seen mixed reports that the backup cams need replaced in some cases rear TV monitors may not work. I tend to think these reviews are from faulty installs or someone missing something.

Anyhow, I plan to replace the OEM Navigation/DVD (Bose) unit in my 2012 Tahoe LTZ and make these other little improvements.

Any insight would be great. Seems like I do this every 5-8 years when upgrading Hoes. LOL!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I upgraded my audio system on my 07, one of the two OEM electrical ports on the dash was converted to a USB A port, so that I could connect my Android phone to my Kenwood head unit (before wireless Android Auto).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT