Adding usb to sliding console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m not sure why GMC decided to remove the usb from the sliding console. We have to plug our usb cables into the compartment where the the wireless charger is which makes it challenging to use the charging pad.

Has anyone retrofitted a usb port or cigarette lighter port to the inside of their sliding console? I imagine you could tap into the power for the rear facing ports.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and installed a charging pad on the top of the console. It's more convenient than the charging cubby, and allows the usage of the USB ports if you need them for anything. My passengers sometime use it as well.
Boost Auto Charging Pad

CDONNS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went ahead and installed a charging pad on the top of the console. It's more convenient than the charging cubby, and allows the usage of the USB ports if you need them for anything. My passengers sometime use it as well.
Boost Auto Charging Pad

I'm planning to install the same thing, just waiting for a Black Friday coupon code. Seems like they do them frequently enough

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts