Cost of used Tahoes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing prices from 13000 to 20000 for 14 year old Tahoes. I got my 02 about 5 years ago when it was 14 years old, and the going rate was about $6-8000. When did they start skyrocketing in price? At this rate I won't be able to afford to replace mine even if I wanted.

(These are Canadian prices, BTW)
Hello, welcome to earth as we know it outside of the rock youve been under.

imamacuser

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My city's fire department is actioning off an 07 Tahoe LS 4WD SPORT UTILITY 4-DR, 5.3L V8 OHV 16V FFV with 111K miles. It's described as having a significant pull to the right, minimal rust, and missing the 3rd row seat.

What would you guys say one of those is worth, under normal circumstances, without chip shortages and inflation? I'm from Iowa in the Midwest.

It's hard to say what's causing it to pull to one side, could be tires, tie rod, wheel alignment, stuck caliper, rusted brake line, etc. I'm factoring about $600 in repairs to make it drive straight.

Thank you.

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be anywhere from 30 bucks, up to 1500. It may need a whole new front suspension, bushings, tie rods, ball joints, rack and pinion, etc, but your tires could be the largest expense. But it could just be a bad alignment, needing a tie rod.. If its cheap, it could be well worth it. Whats the miles?

Edit: Is this it?

4653_554_1.jpg

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@imamacuser - 110k miles on the clock, comes with all the emergency lighting, and FD decals, near new tires. Current bid of 3200, with 4 days left.

I would bet that its going to sell for likely near 9k or more. A native tribe to South/North Dakota is likely going to bid on it for their local dept.

Keep in mind, with 110k miles on the body, it likely has a BUTT load of hours on the engine!

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
used car prices just collapsed Now what? I was checking out CL prices dropped... by 50% guys

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean they're back to normal?
yeah back to normal i been checking out many cars seems the price has dropped or collapsed these same trucks/ suv were almost going for the new price of one OR way MORE then a new

i.e https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/ctd/d/south-el-monte-2018-chevy-chevrolet/7365617941.html
Carvana

2018 Chevy Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT Pickup 4D 5 3/4 ft - $35,590 (TOUCHLESS DELIVERY TO YOUR HOME)​

26k miles

If you got a new SUV/truck and overpaid you're freakenscrewed you're underwater not just a few feet underwater you're in the Mariana Trench......

Hopefully no one bought a home, the Stock market an housing market is due to correct as well when the FED raises the rate

It's just a HUGE Tsunami bubble don't get caught up with it..

I'm laughing as i'm dumping my monopoly Fiat paper for gold and silver [real money] (i'm spooked by japan dumping the USD)

Last edited: