Corsa Muffler replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MechEng813

Reaction score
I went with the Borla Sport, and after 3 weeks pulled it out and installed a Borla Touring.

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the Corsa sport on a customers truck, they found it too loud and switched out the muffler for the touring muffler, they had to pay shipping and shipping back and of course labor but I believe it was an even trade, the system was 3 days old and we were a Corsa distributor at the time

Cantrepeat

Reaction score
Last edited:

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the Gibson 65670 on my 5.3. I like it when driving around town and most of the time on the highway. Although when cruising between 70 to 75 sitting at 1800 RPM it can be a bit annoying. So I just drive above 75. Not a huge deal. But this is nice. Wish I saw this before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ that tip from eg classic?

yes as '15-'20 are the same

although that seems pricey for just an exhaust tip & resonator replacement pipe
maybe also check w/ corsa & some others that have that double tip

Eidens13

Reaction score
I have not been able to find just the resonator delete and tip. I had a SLP resonator delete on my 2008 Yukon and loved it. Can’t find anything similar

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ARH long tubes and I swapped my Sport muffler out for the Touring muffler. The Sport sounded killer and idle and just off idle but at WOT it was really obnoxious which isn't what I want on this vehicle. I called Corsa and they sold me just the Touring muffler since I had proof of purchase on the Sport system. I ended up putting the Sport muffler on my wife's Yukon which doesn't have headers but you could also resell it fairly easily.

cireallin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone swapped out their Corsa sport muffler for something else? The Corsa sport was a little loud for me when i installed it and now the mods im adding are making it too much.

Does anyone know if there is a bolt in replacement option out there or does anyone know how to get hold of a Touring muffler? Getting a touring by itself doesn't sound promising talking to Corsa.
Corsa cat back is super loud on cold start and then mellows out quite a bit. I'm on my 2nd system on 2 different vehicles and still love it. If you can stand the initial shock, then leave the rest alone. If you're adding headers and pipes, chips, superchargers, etc.. then I would say kill the Corsa because it's intended for a sport tune bolt on option, not a full system upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2