convince me to buy a 2door yukon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
yes 145A alt, 235/70r15 v-rated tires on 15" steel wheels, 2wd only, 3.08 gear ration with limited slip(likely their g80 locker), and curb weight 4800lbs..

OP
OP
C

capeguy97

Reaction score
well i found another today. its a little far off from what i wanted but its pretty sweet. 1992 chevy fullsize blazer. 6 inch suspension lift 3 inch body lift on 38 inch tsl swampers. im goin back to look again tomorrow. a guy at my work knew somebody and i may be getting an awesome deal on it.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
that is some seriously outdated truck. however i believe the front axle was a full floater. cames with bi and 241 t-case and a 4l60 or nv3500 stick.

OP
OP
C

capeguy97

Reaction score
im not too experienced with all the chevy parts. is any of it any good? i have a feeling the rear ends gunna have a locker. and is full floater a bad thing? sorry to sound stupid

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
full floater is strong but kinda of maintnancecy. the axle tubes carry all the weight. you can change and axle shaft with tires on and on the ground. changing bearings is a little more work. but if looking for a sand box toy it is ideal. 1992 should also give you more option for smog legal upgrades. but remember it still starts 210hp. the 1996 vortec started at 255. seems like most of the work has been done for you and you can always put in another engine. also the 1992 has the older interior.

OP
OP
C

capeguy97

Reaction score
yea the interior is the only thing i have a real problem with. its kinda hard to pass this one up. whole frame is painted. spotless. guy bought it from a kid that needed drug money for dirt cheap and decided he didnt want it so hes selling it cheap. are the tbi motors any good? im thinking i wanna do vortec heads and a nice intake manifold. is it even worth it to do that? and i looked at it yesterday again and started it up. i think it has a mild cam too.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
they are good just different heads, fuel, exhaust and induction system. would cost more to achieve a vortec power band then to just find a oem vortec vortec. besides you can have fun painting your own frame. it yours choice but would like to see you look around more to see if you can do better.

OP
OP
C

capeguy97

Reaction score
there isnt too much more out there this clean. the northeast sucks for finding clean 20 year old trucks. ive heard throttle body injection is good too. im not looking to make a bunch of power. just enough to get out of my own way with 38s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panzerwagen