Consumer reports rates 2022 Yukon 2/100 in Reliability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The way I went thru my 2005 Z71 and addressed so many systems and using great quality parts, I feel my rig will be on the road, long after I am not. My friend that owns the shop we did so much of the work at, in my build thread, keeps reminding me that he gets first shot at buying it if I ever decide to do that.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But the point that I was trying to make is that I see more GMT800s than Expeditions or Sequoias regardless of the year. What I was attempting to say is how reliable the GM SUVs are by pointing out how many are still in service.
They outsold those especially the toyota. So of course you see fewer. The 4.7 toyota is way more reliable same with the transmission. But you do have a timing belt to deal with.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The amount of people that clutch the older trucks like their made of gold is comedic. I was a tech during the OBS and up to GM bankruptcy phase and sorry to say those 'simple' vehicles you guys are so proud of were constantly in for warranty work. Everything broke on them. Perhaps that illusion of reliability comes from them being rebuilt during the warranty phase. There's a reason GM went bankrupt and it wasn't because of a world class product lol

Funny to see tbh.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But the point that I was trying to make is that I see more GMT800s than Expeditions or Sequoias regardless of the year. What I was attempting to say is how reliable the GM SUVs are by pointing out how many are still in service.

The new Sequoias have been out what - 6-9 months? Still haven't seen one on the road

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sort of like the new Blazer. Took a long road trip a couple months ago, saw a bunch of Teslas (they stand out some), not one Blazer and I was looking.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sort of like the new Blazer. Took a long road trip a couple months ago, saw a bunch of Teslas (they stand out some), not one Blazer and I was looking.

had a blazer as a rental a few weeks ago. had a terrible transmission shudder with only 30k on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14