Consumer reports rates 2022 Yukon 2/100 in Reliability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken Rolls

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that too. Pretty terrible review on the ‘21 models.
I have a buddy who is a service advisor for the local Chevy dealership. His daily driver? 2018 F250 6.7 platinum. Said all the problems with the new GM stuff made him never want to own one.

azmike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I've got mine on order and just received the latest Consumer Reports magazine. A 2/100 in reliability? Is that a joke?
I'm still driving my 2000 Yukon and it's the best vehicle I've ever owned. Other than a rear main seal leak it's been bullet proof. Go figure.

chevylade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GM quality under the leadership (or lack of) of CEO, Mary Barra, has been on a continual downhill slide. I don’t see that getting any better going forward as they add more software driven features and electric cars.

RobFog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2021 Tahoe Z71 has been in the shop twice for lifter failure. First time they replaced all the lifters. This time they are doing it again along with the cam shaft. Beware. CR might have it right on this one.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe CR.... I had a 2015 Yukon Denali... The Transmission failed/replaced 2x. Fuel rail system replaced, steering column 2x, 2 valves bent, and after repair burnning oil. Finally GM bought it back for 69k but I had it for 4 years and about 75k miles on it. Strange as it sound I loved my Yukon!

Got the 69K check and bought a fully loaded 2020 2500HD Duramax Denali. Yesterday I notice oil in my drive way! LOL LOL . My first diesel and I love it.
Just placed an order for 2022 Yukon Denali and now debating to order it with the duramax or not. Hummm..
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 3 times????

Docknow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
co I bought a new 2020 Yukon SLT loaded. I have 25000 miles on it with zero issues. Every GM product I have ever purchased CR rates them the lowest, and I have excellent service from the same vehicles they say are terrible. I often wonder what they do with my positive responses to their surveys they send me? Their highest rated vehicles are vehicle’s I would never consider purchasing. They are very biased with American cars in my opinion.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CR poo pooed on every Tahoe that I've owned and they were dead wrong every time.
They have also failed on other reviews that I have made the mistake of paying attention to.

steve45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Consumers Reports? They still publish that garbage? I stopped reading that about 30 years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons