Console Vault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
metalemt

metalemt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol yeah and my uncle just installed one in his silverado they're pretty sturdy

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
Got an update I want to pass along. The product I ordered is called "Console Safe" rather than "Console Vault". I'll have more information to pass along after I receive my "Console Safe" in a few days. I expect that I will link this topic to a brand new topic I'll start at that time called "Console Safe by Lock'er Down" so as to distinguish it from the "Console Vault" product. :)

Last edited:

G17GEN4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
$150? try $400 and $600? Try $1000 I understand you don't think it's worth it. But I don't care if the safe is half the price as the gun I'd rather it be secure if I can't take it some where then some dirt bag stealing than robbing you with it.

Well, that's sort of grasping at straws, no? If, in order to justify the purchase of the safe, you have to assume that your stolen firearm is used to rob me, I think you're really reaching at that point.

How would anyone lean on the key vs. combination lock? My Tuffy Tactical Gear Security Drawer has both options on it, and right now, my preference would lean toward key usage over the combination lock. Opinions, please. I'm ready to place the order.

I think the combination lock would be more convenient.

My one fear with this product is that if some thief did break in and discovered this safe, I would think he'd destroy the console to try and get in it because it would obviously be holding something of value. Kinda like when you have a convertible, it's often better to leave it open than to risk someone slashing the roof to get in and causing a pile more damage than whatever you were trying to hide/protect.

This is the first thing that came to my mind while watching a YouTube video of the console being displayed at an auto show. The lady said "they can pry and pry and they won't get it out". Great, so they'll just do $1,500 worth of damage to your interior trying to rip it out, but your $600 handgun is protected.

Granted, insurance is going to come into play here - so the damage to the interior could be covered.

I think the appearance and concept of this product is really what sells it. It is definitely secure, and it fits well into the console - with a very finished and professional look. As I said before, it really doesn't make much sense from a cost/benefit analysis - unless you're storing something that is either extremely expensive, or has a lot of sentimental value. And again, why would you leave something like that in your car in the first place?

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
I think the combination lock would be more convenient.

I agree, and I believe most people would prefer the combination lock. But I have an intense dislike for combination locks. The amount of time I waste at work each day diddling with combination locks is maddening. :emotions122:

RGNEWELL2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The only reason I'm leaning towards the combo lock is that if I need to get into the console while operating the vehicle I'd have to take my key out of the ignition to access the key for the console. Unless you plan on keeping yours elsewhere, then not an issue lol.

I leave mine unlocked while driving, so all you have to do is turn the dial to unlatch the lid.
http://www.mobilesecurityplusstore.com/Console_Safe_2007_to_2012_GM_p/ld2011a.htm
You can buy this one at 10% off by using coupon code Tahoe (Please make sure you click apply) and get free shipping to lower 48 states.