Console Peeling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I removed both the dash piece and the cup holder and spent about an hour rubbing it off buy hand. The plastic underneath has white spots around where the heat pressed the latches. I bought a can of marble grey out door spray paint from Lowes it was a perfect match. I tapped off the surround and put 5-6 coats on. Looks perfect in my opinion.
I'll try and post a pic of the paint I used. It looks like a an OEM match.

IMG_0651.JPG

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed both the dash piece and the cup holder and spent about an hour rubbing it off buy hand. The plastic underneath has white spots around where the heat pressed the latches. I bought a can of marble grey out door spray paint from Lowes it was a perfect match. I tapped off the surround and put 5-6 coats on. Looks perfect in my opinion.

View attachment 78062

That is really good! Impressed with the match.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did my entire dash bezel too as well as the console pieces. I can't remember the exact color but it was Dupli-Color Perfect Match. I just took one of the pieces into the store.

IMG_5114.JPG

IMG_5468.JPG

IMG_2466.JPG

IMG_2467.JPG

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took about 90 minutes to get the paint off the console. Ended up using isopropyl alcohol and a hair dryer. I thing I'm just going to leave it black for now.

Next on the list is a dash cam after almost getting nailed by a county deputy who blew through a 4-way stop without any type of lights or sirens on. Just have to do some research on what type I want.

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It didn't discolor it at all. I finished it off with a light coat of wax

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 78062
That looks awesome! I may just need to do that to mine now! Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84