Confirm this is Normal ? Screen Brightness and Steering Wheel Radio Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreenDen07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've searched here (all 2007+ forums) for "brightness" in the title...can't find.

1) On the GPS/Radio screen :

When Contrast is set in the middle --

For brightness, there are 3 choices - Auto, Day, Night. At night, with Auto selected, the screen is too bright. I would have thought at night, that "Auto" would have dimmed it down a lot. With either Day or Night selected, and dimming the Brightness slider, it's acceptable.

When Contrast is slid all the way down, screen dims a lot --

All 3 choices are acceptable, at least at night.

2) The steering wheel, right side, has a button for increasing the frequency, or selecting other items in one direction, but none for decreasing the frequency, or selecting other items in the other direction. Did GM just forget to install the other button ?

- Thx, Dave H.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Turn down the actual brigthness setting in the menu of the Nav, not contrast.
Normal operation is for the screen to get real bright during the day, and dim at night. Mainly because during the day with all the sunlight it's harder to see the screen.
I'm a bit confused as to what you mean from "all 3 choices...." onwards.

OP
OP
G

GreenDen07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
"I'm a bit confused as to what you mean from "all 3 choices...." onwards.

Yeah, I can see how it would be...I left out a few words.

So, here's a revised version:

...With either Day or Night selected, and dimming the Brightness slider, it's acceptable.

When Contrast is slid all the way down, screen dims a lot --

All 3 choices are acceptable, at least at night.

Whether Auto, Day or Night, as long as the contrast is slid to dim the screen, and it does affect all 3, all choices are acceptable. However, the Day and Night choices are a little too much on the dim side. But if I don't set the contrast like that, then when choosing Auto, it's just too bright. The brightness selector cannot be adjusted in Auto, but contrast can.

Whether it's somewhat sunny out, or night, in Auto, the brightness slider is in the bottom half, yet if I put the contrast where I'd like it, 1/2 way or higher up on the screen, then Auto is too bright.

2) "Regarding the radio controls" on the steering wheel, right side, there is a button, >| ,for increasing the FM or AM frequency, or going to the next CD higher track, but none for decreasing the frequency ( |< ) or going to the previous track. Did GM just forget to install the other button ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaptainkhaos58