Steering wheel lights AND center Infotainment screen stopped working at same time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin J

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well this is new. I went to drive the car last night...the steering wheel lights were not lit and the center screen, while technically back-lit, was not showing anything. Heated steering wheel button still did something, as did the arrows that change the screen on the dash, but I could not get radio to turn on or anything. The truck still drives just fine.

Any ideas??

tahoe.jpg

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this is new. I went to drive the car last night...the steering wheel lights were not lit and the center screen, while technically back-lit, was not showing anything. Heated steering wheel button still did something, as did the arrows that change the screen on the dash, but I could not get radio to turn on or anything. The truck still drives just fine.

Any ideas??

View attachment 242729
info Bro....year, make model?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Any ideas??

I reckon that you've restarted the car a few times since? Check fuses under the hood and on the side of the dash? If it were mine I'd be looking for BCM codes with my MDI2 with GDS2 software on a laptop or VXDIAG NANO with GDS2 software on a tablet.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 Tahoe LTZ
I'm pretty sure there was a recall for the 2015 radio modules failing. From Wiki -

On June 6, 2014, GM issued another recall on the 2015 Tahoe and Yukon because their radio control modules may not work, and thus prevent certain audible safety warnings.[

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne