components..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kind of components are yall running? and what amp do you have pushing them? im looking for some that are decently priced and perform well. and do you run components in both front and rear doors or just the rear? i just planned on amping the front set and leaving my 6.5 kenwoods in the rear doors running off the deck. one more question - where is a good spot to mount the tweeters? i just figured either in the stock location or in the a pillars but not decided which way to aim them. all help will be appreciated, i finally got my mind set on what i want to run and all should be in place by christmas time.

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
im running some PG Zero Point 6 3/4 in the front doors and some PG zero point 5 3/4 in the rear. so i have 6 sets of components 4 in front and 2 in rear, i can show you where i put my tweeters if you want

chunney

Reaction score
what kind of components are yall running? and what amp do you have pushing them? im looking for some that are decently priced and perform well. and do you run components in both front and rear doors or just the rear? i just planned on amping the front set and leaving my 6.5 kenwoods in the rear doors running off the deck. one more question - where is a good spot to mount the tweeters? i just figured either in the stock location or in the a pillars but not decided which way to aim them. all help will be appreciated, i finally got my mind set on what i want to run and all should be in place by christmas time.

I'm running Memphis MCC6's on a Memphis Mclass 150 x 2 amp. Sounds great. Components in the rear would be overkill. Don't get me wrong though, its better to just have 2 speakers in the front doors then to add a ton of distortion by running some cheap-o rear speakers. I only have 1 set of components and it sounds wonderful. I put the tweeters in the stock location. The tweeters that come with the MCC6's fit perfectly and glued them down with some silicone. The imaging would probably be 10x better if they were mounted in the a-pillar but I put them in the stock location due to sheer simplicity.

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
yeah i have the zero 6 3/4 in front and the 5 3/4 in the rear doors and i love the sound there being run off a Phoenix Gold ZXti475 this is what my front stage looks like

IMG_31022.jpg

there the red circles

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
son's car, Kicker KS502 component system, but they also come in 6.5" called KS6502.

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
Focal 165 A1 components up front powered by an older Orion 4004. Amazing speakers. Had them now for 4 years and no problems or distortion. I run very little bass in my door speakers. Almost all the way cut.

Going to get a set of the JL ZR650-CSi's and run dual component sets up front. Not sure what amp I'll add on..

If I get another 4 channel I can put some 6X9's in the rear :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19