Cold Air Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18_RST

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2018 6.2L RST. Finally looking into aftermarket parts for it and the easy mod comes first. Any recommendations on what brand intake? If someone has done this already.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My previous 2016 Yukon Denali had a K&N and it worked well, but I did have to add an additional rubber seal along the top edge to seal the intake chamber from the hot engine air. I'd also consider the ease of changing filters in your evaluation. My current CAI is kind of a pain in the a$$ to change filters on.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First, welcome to the Forum from NH.

Doesn't your 2018 6.2 already have a stock cold air intake? If yes, I'm wondering why you want to change it.

From what I have read, any performance improvement differences from an aftermarket CAI versus no CAI is minimal, and if your 2018 already has a stock CAI, then any performance improvement differences with an aftermarket CAI would be even less. There would potentially be a difference in sound coming from under the hood during hard acceleration, so one would have to ask how much money is the sound difference worth.

I changed the air intake tube (only, called an MIT) on my 07 6.2, and installed a K&N air filter in my stock CAI air filter chamber. But, I did that prior to receiving my Black Bear Performance tune, and the tune itself accounted for the increased performance.

OP
OP

18_RST

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First, welcome to the Forum from NH.

Doesn't your 2018 6.2 already have a stock cold air intake? If yes, I'm wondering why you want to change it.

From what I have read, any performance improvement differences from an aftermarket CAI versus no CAI is minimal, and if your 2018 already has a stock CAI, then any performance improvement differences with an aftermarket CAI would be even less. There would potentially be a difference in sound coming from under the hood during hard acceleration, so one would have to ask how much money is the sound difference worth.

I changed the air intake tube (only, called an MIT) on my 07 6.2, and installed a K&N air filter in my stock CAI air filter chamber. But, I did that prior to receiving my Black Bear Performance tune, and the tune itself accounted for the increased performance.

I know the gains are minimal and I honestly just like the sound when it opens up lol

I'm also going to out on the Borla exhaust. As long as it doesn't have a drone. My STi had a terrible drone and I ended up just taking it off haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE