Code po442

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisi12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any idea where this could be coming from. Gas cap is on tight. E9CAFC99-1C59-49AC-BFDB-71C933E3E09E.jpeg

markni12301

Reaction score
Good that you first checked the gas cap. Inspect it closely, check the seal too. And is it covered with fuel resin.
And is it more like the one on the left or the right.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220906-195540_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220906-195540_Chrome.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
C

chrisi12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gas cap was pretty crappie. I replaced it with a new cap and the service engine light came back on. It’s not affecting the performance of the truck while driving however I hate having the light on. Do you suggest I do or look any where in particular?? Ty

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gas cap was pretty crappie. I replaced it with a new cap and the service engine light came back on. It’s not affecting the performance of the truck while driving however I hate having the light on. Do you suggest I do or look any where in particular?? Ty
Year make model how many miles let’s see clean the air filter clean the gas cap with a negative unplug from the battery and I said and done put terminal back on battery and drive for a couple hundred miles see if the light goes away

My truck doesn't use a gas cap

Rygrego

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Year make model how many miles let’s see clean the air filter clean the gas cap with a negative unplug from the battery and I said and done put terminal back on battery and drive for a couple hundred miles see if the light goes away

My truck doesn't use a gas cap
Doesn't need to disconnect the battery for a reset if he's got a code reader it will erase codes and the air filter has zero to do with that code. All your way will do is give more work to reset clocks and in some cases radio stations. That code is generally a cap not screwed on with the minimum 5 clicks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tough one, without paying for a diagnostic/smoke test/yada yada. Then the best way to approach this is to shotgun it and replace both solenoids and canister the oem parts will run a little over $200 plus a hour of your time to R&R.
If you want to try and piece meal it then I would replace the solenoid on the intake 1st as it's the cheapest thing after a gas cap.
and are you sure you posted in the right section? the 2015-2020 do not have a gas cap

markni12301

Reaction score
Interesting, I have a 2015 Yukon with a gas cap that is only capable of 1 click. I do the gas cap cleaning/maintenance regularly.
For me, I also tend to troubleshoot and fix something then clear the code to see if it returns. Not sure it's right or wrong, it's just what I've done.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2015 Yukon XL has a gas cap. One click to tighten.
So is it just the early 15s that have a gas cap?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2015 Yukon XL has a gas cap. One click to tighten.
So is it just the early 15s that have a gas cap?
they did make some changes mid-year 2015, my 18 just has a flap same platform so figured they all had no cap.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree, I just haven't heard when that change took place on when they deleted the gas cap.
Not to hi-jack the OPs thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE