Coaxial or Component speakers for front doors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampHound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which do I need for a 1998 Yukon 4 door with tweeters in the front? I ordered a pair of Polk coaxials for the front doors of my truck, but then remembered I have separate tweeters from the factory. Is this an issue or do I need to order a set of components with separate tweeters? If so, what do y'all recommend?

Sent while driv-

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you can put in coaxial one or separates with a crossover. my polk components had a tweeter that just fit into place of the oem ones so the high end was more clearer.

OP
OP
SwampHound

SwampHound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can put in coaxial one or separates with a crossover. my polk components had a tweeter that just fit into place of the oem ones so the high end was more clearer.
I was hoping you would chime in. I like to have good highs, so I think I'll get the component kit from Polk since its a direct swap.

Sent while driv-

SpeedyJuarez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have kicker component speakers in the two front doors and mids in the rear passenger doors. I also have a 4 channel kicker amp pushing the front stage speakers. If you ask true car audio guys they would steer you away from kicker or polk. Mine due just fine with the setup I have, I might upgrade my front stage next year.

OP
OP
SwampHound

SwampHound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never seen or heard anything but good from kicker. And everyone I've talked to said the Polk is a slight step above kicker when it comes to speakers, so I think I'll stick with what I've got.

Sent while driv-

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I have kicker component speakers in the two front doors and mids in the rear passenger doors. I also have a 4 channel kicker amp pushing the front stage speakers. If you ask true car audio guys they would steer you away from kicker or polk. Mine due just fine with the setup I have, I might upgrade my front stage next year.

can you give any clear answers on why they say avoid them? curious as what they have to say about them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019