Climate Control Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davis25

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a 97 Tahoe a few months ago. One thing I noticed when I bought it was, no matter what setting the climate control is on, the heat/air always comes out of the dash vents. Any idea what this could be and what to look for?

I replaced the climate control board and still does the same thing. The A/C does NOT work, but I don't know if that has anything to do with this issue as I believe that this problem may be the compressor.

Thanks!!!!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
The mode motor on the hvac assembly would be next if you replaced your control head already. As for the A/C your charge is probably low.

justinp95

Reaction score
Did you fry it installing it? Haha. They are very touching. Ive fried a few messing with my deck. They go up in smoke.

OP
OP
D

Davis25

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't believe that I fried it, although I cant be 100% sure.

I found what I think is the mode motor. Two of them, one, under the dash above the accelorator pedal, and the other under the dash and glove box, behind the blower motor.

Does anyone know which one it would be? My research tells me that there is a "Auxillary" and a "Main" mode motor.

Thanks!

drod1977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
climate control

Im still a newb here, i wish i had more time to be on this site. Ok anyway it's for sure the one near your gas pedal.I had the same problem when i first got my tahoe, i still have'nt replaced my motor i just turn it with my hand lol.

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe that I fried it, although I cant be 100% sure.

I found what I think is the mode motor. Two of them, one, under the dash above the accelorator pedal, and the other under the dash and glove box, behind the blower motor.

Does anyone know which one it would be? My research tells me that there is a "Auxillary" and a "Main" mode motor.

Thanks!

Yea those are the blend door accuators... Have you tried pulling the them off while still connected and turning the selector knob..? Its only 2 screws holding them in and U'll B able to see them turn, if they do work that is...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700