Cleaning seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txsmainevent

"The Lurker"
Reaction score
Has anybody completely removed the seats, then removed the material from the seat foam and frame? instead of just washing the whole assembly. thought about takin my seats apart (not my tahoe but my wifes car) and throwin them in the washer and hang dry. kids spill stuff to much.....dont want to removed them and have problems puttin the interior back togather....

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
A number of people have completely removed the seats, them removed the material/covers from the seats, and then recovered/reupholstered them. I just finished that job on my 'Hoe a couple of weeks ago. It's fairly simple. Washing your existing covers after they are off is easy but you don't want to use the washing machine.

Normally the covers are backed with sew foam (like 1/8" to 1/4" thick and somtimes covered with a backing fabric) and that wasn't meant to go through a washing machine. If there is no sew foam attached and its just fabric, you can run that through a washing machine if you want. Otherwise, get a big laundry basin and fill it with some woolite and warm water and wash them by hand and line dry them. That will get them way cleaner than anything else you would do with them on the seats and you won't have to worry about damaging their structure in a washing machine.

-B

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on my old 3rd gen camaro i took the covers off the seats and threw them in the machine on gentle cycle. i think they may have had sew foam and they came out great. literally looked new. but to be on the safe side i say do what boomer said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo