Clean MAF and throttle body, then Tech 2 relearn idle on 2013 Escalade 6.2L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I reinstalled the cleaned throttle body with a new gasket. It probably did not need it, but the service manual said to replace it. So I did.
(Note: I am still new to 'late model' GM, so I don't have the experience with them to tell me what can and cannot be gotten away with.)

Installation was simple and straightforward. However, in a bit of OCD paranoia, I installed the nuts and bolts and tightened them with my fingers. Then, with a nut driver, ran them all down by hand in stages. Then I torqued them to 89 inch/pounds. Point of all this was to evenly compress the throttle body gasket in its groove in the intake manifold.

View attachment 354484
New ACDelco 125889235 throttle body gasket at left, old gasket at right.

View attachment 354485
Cleaned throttle body back where it belongs.

Next step was the Throttle Idle Relearn procedure.

View attachment 354486
Tech 2 and Candi module in use.

View attachment 354487
Tech 2 screen for Throttle Idle Relearn. Note Reset soft key.

And..it worked!!!

I started the engine cold, it hit high idle of 1200RPM, as commanded. It then dropped down near commanded idle of 664.
Success!

View attachment 354488

However, I did not drive it. I will drive it to work tonight. I don't fore see any issues.
where did you get your Tech 2 and Candi?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amada