Cig Lighter, Front Door Speaker Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaeden

Reaction score
Alright guys so I’ve got a problem. My cigarette lighter got stuck on last night and it’s been nothing but down hill since then. When it got stuck on it burn the socket inside the vehicle for it and burn the fuse out of the engine fuse box. At the same time it went out, my front door speakers went out. Since then I’ve pulled the fuse box out and the wires for the Cig lighter fuse are burnt about halfway down from the fuse box towards the rest of the harness. I put the fuse box back in and still having the same problems however now my drivers side mirror blinker doesn’t work and drivers side door switch doesn’t work. I have to open a different door to shut the accessory power off. Any idea what could be going on here?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya your screwed, if it was the drivers side cigarette socket then you wont be able to communicate with the obd port either, so should the cel come on you wont be able to get the codes.
you'll probably have to trace all the wires that are cooked and try to replace what you can and hope for the best, or try to pull a harness from the junkyard and that's going to be a pia.

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Reaction score
ya your screwed, if it was the drivers side cigarette socket then you wont be able to communicate with the obd port either, so should the cel come on you wont be able to get the codes.
you'll probably have to trace all the wires that are cooked and try to replace what you can and hope for the best, or try to pull a harness from the junkyard and that's going to be a pia.

The only wires I’ve found so far that are burnt are the cigarette lighter fuse wires. And they were burnt on both the underside of the fuse box and the back side of the cigarette lighter

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only wires I’ve found so far that are burnt are the cigarette lighter fuse wires. And they were burnt on both the underside of the fuse box and the back side of the cigarette lighter
ya but what's in between? did you separate the cig lighter wires

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven’t gotten that far yet
I would venture to guess if it cooked at both ends then it may have also cooked somewhere else along the way and it's grounding out, probably going to have to unwrap or carefully cut the wrapping off and inspect everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo