Choose The Better Wheel!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean07burb, That esky is not mine. I do want to lower mine almost as low as that but im afraid ill smash my fenders. I am running 305/35/24 for tires and the color is called stealth gray.

Mines not quit as low as the one in your pic but I would like to go a little lower then it sits now but also dont want to hurt ride quality.

View attachment 34102

I think the Esky in the pic is on bags. Just a guess, though. Thanks for the tire size. How bad does your rub, if at all?

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Clean07burb, That esky is not mine. I do want to lower mine almost as low as that but im afraid ill smash my fenders. I am running 305/35/24 for tires and the color is called stealth gray.

Mines not quit as low as the one in your pic but I would like to go a little lower then it sits now but also dont want to hurt ride quality.

View attachment 34102

I think the Esky in the pic is on bags. Just a guess, though. Thanks for the tire size. How bad does your rub, if at all?

Oh, and don't remove the roof rack! Not on an Esky. Looks too classy with it. I swapped mine out FOR an Esky rack. Just my opinion, but I love them. :)

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

So we're up to nine votes for TBSS and only two votes for 375's! Surprising!

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
35 tire height will vary slightly by brand. Do your research first.

OP
OP
C

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
35 tire height will vary slightly by brand. Do your research first.

Cool. Thanks for the tip, man. I'd more than likely go with Nitto NT420's. I love my current Toyo Proxes STII's, but it doesn't look like they're made in a 295/35/24, unfortunately. The only other tires I've found in 295/35/24 are some cheap ass brands like Lionheart, Lexani, etc., so it looks like the Nitto's would be my best bet for a high quality tire.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get a really nice quality wheel like a Concavo

:)

Yeah, yeah! I've really got my heart set on another set of reps, just BIGGER.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

I liked my Lexani tires. They were good.

I know a lot of people run the Lexani tires, I just assumed it was because they were a cheap tire. I could be wrong, though.

scryfst

Supporting Member
Reaction score
TBSS reps all the way. CK375's are everywhere! However, if you decide to part with your 22's I'll take them off your hands for my winter set-up.

24s are heavy overall.

Only 24 said to be light is the DUB Future

TBSS look awesome on any nnbs
That's one Badass wheel! Damn things have been on back order since late may :(

Deephaven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can count my vote based on what I bought. No brainer, but I am a bit biased. I like clean and simple. Only thing that would be better IMO is a 5 spoke. Less wheel = better look IMO.

24s are heavy overall.

Only 24 said to be light is the DUB Future

TBSS look awesome on any nnbs
My 24" TBSS wheels are more than a pound lighter than the 22" wheels that came on my truck. I do think the DUB future is about another pound off that. Of course weight follows my desire above in a wheel. Less metal also weighs less.

If your truck was lifted I'd do the CK's otherwise no.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

As an aside, I would have bought the DUB's if they came in polished aluminum. They didn't and the color choices they do come in just don't work with all the fake ass crap chrome that GM puts on the Escalade so I had to get a chrome wheel. I orginally ordered the polished aluminum TBSS reps, but those didn't get made in the first run so I had to swap for chrome :(

OP
OP
C

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn! 10 votes for TBSS and only 2 votes for the 375's!

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

TBSS reps all the way. CK375's are everywhere! However, if you decide to part with your 22's I'll take them off your hands for my winter set-up.

That's one Badass wheel! Damn things have been on back order since late may :(

Hey @scryfst, how you been, man? And I've got another guy interested in them if I do decide to let them go, but if things don't work out with him then you'll be my second call and they'll be yours. They'd actually make a really nice winter wheel set-up, especially on your Denali. Its such a beautiful color! They'd be a much better looking winter wheel than the PPV wheels I ran last winter! Lol. But at least that was before all the chrome when everything on my truck was still body color and they at least looked decent then.

You can count my vote based on what I bought. No brainer, but I am a bit biased. I like clean and simple. Only thing that would be better IMO is a 5 spoke. Less wheel = better look IMO.

My 24" TBSS wheels are more than a pound lighter than the 22" wheels that came on my truck. I do think the DUB future is about another pound off that. Of course weight follows my desire above in a wheel. Less metal also weighs less.

If your truck was lifted I'd do the CK's otherwise no.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

As an aside, I would have bought the DUB's if they came in polished aluminum. They didn't and the color choices they do come in just don't work with all the fake ass crap chrome that GM puts on the Escalade so I had to get a chrome wheel. I orginally ordered the polished aluminum TBSS reps, but those didn't get made in the first run so I had to swap for chrome :(

Deephaven, I figured the TBSS reps were lighter than the CK375's, but I had no idea they were THAT light. So your 24" TBSS reps w/ tires are over a pound lighter than your 22" standard spoked style Esky wheels w/ tires were? I'm really surprised at that because those Esky wheels have some pretty thin spokes, but I guess they're seven spoked vs the six spokes on the TBSS reps so that one less spoke is probably where the weight savings is coming from.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ericbath

Latest posts