Chips for 21 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcyy

Reaction score
Otherwise, you might have to pay for it?
Whether you get a letter or have the dealer order them yourself they're replaced under warranty-your sticker should say Retrofit

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just now checked my VIN here https://www.gmc.com/ownercenter/recalls and it shows that I have an incomplete recall for the park assist retrofit. The release date was 2 days ago. I'll probably get a letter in the mail in a couple of weeks, but since it's showing up on the GMC recall site, my dealer should be able to order the parts for me!

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they’ll perform an infotainment update during the install process? Trying to avoid the HVAC bugs that came with the latest update if I can….

dcyy

Reaction score
UPDATE...
NEW FYI--was at the dealer today for oil change and tire rotation plus replacement of tailgate GMC puddle lamp that looked like a paint spill on my 22 Denali. My service Mgr. says the chips for front/rear park assist can be ordered so we ordered them and we'll call when they come in. The GM resolution team liason kept telling me maybe middle/end of July or August I would receive a letter stating chips were available and take it to dealer so they can order parts. So if you're waiting,call your dealer.
UPDATE...as posted above chips were ordered last Wed. 7/12-dealer called TODAY 7/19 said my chips are here and scheduled for install next Wed.-said it takes about 2 hrs. So if you're waiting for that letter from GM call your service dept. and get em ordered.

Last edited:

DxOCD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE...

UPDATE...as posted above chips were ordered last Wed. 7/12-dealer called TODAY 7/19 said my chips are here and scheduled for install next Wed.-said it takes about 22 hrs. So if you're waiting for that letter from GM call your service dept. and get em ordered.
I too saw this post, checked gmc web and then called dealership. Ordered and installed today. Dropped it off at 1230 and picked up at 1700.

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too saw this post, checked gmc web and then called dealership. Ordered and installed today. Dropped it off at 1230 and picked up at 1700.
Did they update the infotainment?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper