Chips for 21 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjowens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Probably a stupid question but does anyone have a contact at GM for knowledge on when I might see some news on chips I still have not received for 22 Tahoe purchased over a year ago? Primarily waiting to hear about front/rear park assist and 4 way lumbar. Any news would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike

Last edited:

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though you are supposed to be on a list I would reach out to my local GM dealer as I am sure some customers fall through the cracks and do not get notified.

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably a stupid question but does anyone have a contact at GM for knowledge on when I might see some news on chips I still have not received for 21 Tahoe purchased over a year ago? Primarily waiting to hear about front/rear park assist and 4 way lumbar. Any news would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike
Welcome to the wait list! My dealer said that retrofit for the park assist has begun. They cant schedule until GM authorizes your VIN. As far as the lumbar, I believe it is not a retrofit item. We're stuck with 2 way.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct - no retrofit to 4 way lumbar. If it doesn’t say retrofit on your window sticker, you’ll never get it.

One way to check if you’re eligible for any retrofits is to go to the GMC recall site. Enter your VIN and if you have a retrofit open, it will show as an incomplete recall. This will be a faster way to find out than to wait for the letter in the mail.

OP
OP
M

Mjowens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Correct - no retrofit to 4 way lumbar. If it doesn’t say retrofit on your window sticker, you’ll never get it.

One way to check if you’re eligible for any retrofits is to go to the GMC recall site. Enter your VIN and if you have a retrofit open, it will show as an incomplete recall. This will be a faster way to find out than to wait for the letter in the mail.

My sticker did have me listed for the retrofit on the four-way. Also, the steering wheel lock which I could care of dusky about. Thanks for that website appreciate it. I’ve worked with three dealers, and none of them know anymore than I do. Just hope they’re taking care of the matter with us that have spent big bucks on our cars before they put them in new vehicles. Thanks again Mike.

OP
OP
M

Mjowens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Even though you are supposed to be on a list I would reach out to my local GM dealer as I am sure some customers fall through the cracks and do not get notified.
Thanks, but I am working with three dealers now who know no more than I do.

OP
OP
M

Mjowens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the wait list! My dealer said that retrofit for the park assist has begun. They cant schedule until GM authorizes your VIN. As far as the lumbar, I believe it is not a retrofit item. We're stuck with 2 way.
Thanks, I am listed for the retrofit on my sticker. Good luck to us all.

OP
OP
M

Mjowens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Went to this site but found nothing referencing retrofits. I did check the window sticker and looks like they just gave me a $50 credit for 4 way lumbar. Got the heated and ventilated seat done but still waiting for front/rear park assist which was listed as retrofit later. Thanks, Mike

OP
OP
M

Mjowens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You were right on lumber……I just got a 50.00 credit. Just waiting on park assist. Thanks

OP
OP
M

Mjowens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, I am listed for the retrofit on my sticker. Good luck to us all.
Yep no lumbar just a credit of $50. Just waiting on front/rear assist. Thanks