Chips for 21 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct - no retrofit to 4 way lumbar. If it doesn’t say retrofit on your window sticker, you’ll never get it.

One way to check if you’re eligible for any retrofits is to go to the GMC recall site. Enter your VIN and if you have a retrofit open, it will show as an incomplete recall. This will be a faster way to find out than to wait for the letter in the mail.

You will not see your retrofits on the recall site or in your GM account until GM adds your VIN to the list. If and when you see the recalls then you can have your dealer order the parts for the retrofit.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will not see your retrofits on the recall site or in your GM account until GM adds your VIN to the list. If and when you see the recalls then you can have your dealer order the parts for the retrofit.
Correct - I didn't phrase my initial post very well. Your window sticker shows you which items are eligible for retrofit. When that retrofit is ready for your VIN you'll get a letter in the mail and it will also show on the recall site.

OP
OP
M

Mjowens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Correct - I didn't phrase my initial post very well. Your window sticker shows you which items are eligible for retrofit. When that retrofit is ready for your VIN you'll get a letter in the mail and it will also show on the recall site.
Thanks. Most things cleared up in my head. The other gentleman said he heard the retrofit for the rear/front assist Should be coming up pretty soon so keep my fingers crossed for getting that letter pretty soon. Thanks for all your help.

dcyy

Reaction score
[email protected] <[email protected]>
To:[email protected]

Tue, May 30 at 12:23 PM

Good morning,

I checked into your VIN and it should be opened in July for Yukon's.
Feel free to call me any time to check to see if it is open any sooner.
It only takes me a moment to run your VIN.

Thanks,
Deanna
General Motors Executive Resolutions
855-880-1500 ext. 5912914
8:30-5:30pm Eastern Time
SR: 9-9990644231 Got this today also-keep calling

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably a stupid question but does anyone have a contact at GM for knowledge on when I might see some news on chips I still have not received for 22 Tahoe purchased over a year ago? Primarily waiting to hear about front/rear park assist and 4 way lumbar. Any news would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike
I would be very surprised if any of these chips are ever delivered. When I purchased my vehicle I received a $50 discount because the chips were missing. I suspect that's GM's way of getting out of EVER providing them.

dcyy

Reaction score
I would be very surprised if any of these chips are ever delivered. When I purchased my vehicle I received a $50 discount because the chips were missing. I suspect that's GM's way of getting out of EVER providing them.
You got a discount for lumbar seats because they are not changing your 2-way back to 4-way and your window sticker says Retrofit for front/rear chips-supposed coming in July

Bkihum

Reaction score
Probably a stupid question but does anyone have a contact at GM for knowledge on when I might see some news on chips I still have not received for 22 Tahoe purchased over a year ago? Primarily waiting to hear about front/rear park assist and 4 way lumbar. Any news would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike
Reached out couple days ago to GMC and it was don’t know, you’re on the list. Also waiting 16 months now.

OP
OP
M

Mjowens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Reached out couple days ago to GMC and it was don’t know, you’re on the list. Also waiting 16 months now.
Yeah, I reached out to and the best they could tell me was it might be the end of July or first of August, the answer I have gotten so many times in previous months. All I can say is good luck.

dcyy

Reaction score
NEW FYI--was at the dealer today for oil change and tire rotation plus replacement of tailgate GMC puddle lamp that looked like a paint spill on my 22 Denali. My service Mgr. says the chips for front/rear park assist can be ordered so we ordered them and we'll call when they come in. The GM resolution team liason kept telling me maybe middle/end of July or August I would receive a letter stating chips were available and take it to dealer so they can order parts. So if you're waiting,call your dealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n