chevy silverado tire lean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crisf450

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 96 chevy silverado 1500 single cab my right tire is leaning inward at the top whats the best way to go about fixing this?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Need to use a floor jack and jack up under, as close as you can get to it, the lower ball joint and get the tire off the ground, 3-4 inches. Grab the tire at 12 and 6 and at 3 and 9 and shake it good with someone looking for the culprit. Likely causes are ball joints, wheel hub/bearing or control arm bushings. Any noises?

Do not drive this truck till you fix. That is a dangerous lean!!!!

Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

OP
OP
C

crisf450

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thank you yeah just joined tonight i put it on a jack lifted the tire in the air it makes a lil noise when i wiggle the rim and tire in air it has a good amnount of wiggle to it more then it seemes it should

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It should not have any wiggle. If you lift the tire about 2" off the ground and put a long pry bar under it and pry up and down, you will get more play. Afterall, the front suspension is going under more severe pressure when driving down the road. You have a "major" problem there. I repeat, "do not drive".

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something is bad broke or worn, should be obvious and don't drive like that. From the tires and stance I'm guessing 4wd, front suspension is different 2wd to 4wd. Does look like upper control arm problem. Do the jack test, I use a block of wood for a fulcrum and push down on a big pry bar lifting the tire/wheel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boromircalantir