Cheap Lift for 1999 Chevy Tahoe 4WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re just looking to clear tires, you can crank the torsion bars up to level it out. That’s probably good for an inch. People do it all the time to clear 285s and 33s.

I couldn’t say on the kit, but it looks like you’d need a way to address the CV axle angles resulting from a 2-3” raise. Maybe others can chime in on it.

My gut reaction would be that you get what you pay for, that it’s a made in China special, that the steel is probably sub-standard and that a broken Chinese suspension part would really ruin your day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that kit is similar to the basic kits some others sell. repositions your keys so you can get 3 in of lift up front. east302 is correct tho if you crank them up to 3 in with those keys your cv shafts wont last as long as they would. you can crank your stock keys up a little for some extra lift up front. you can also buy just the keys from more reputable sources for a little more than that price.

SUBURBIAN

All Chevy
Reaction score
No torsion bar key in existence can preload the torsion bars (lift the front of the truck) any more than the OEM factory keys can. The OEM factory keys can be turned until the control arms hit the stops.

Thor Conley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s an okay idea but a better execution would be stock keys while using and angle finder to check cv angles or buy a 4” kit
From a reputable supplier and be done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz